Rev2 turbo start issue

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Ad3sgte

Rev2 turbo start issue

Post by Ad3sgte »

My rev 2 turbo has a small start issue which is a bit weird , so when i leave the car overnight and start it in the morning it splutters then will stall , however when i start it then blip the throttle it sorts itself out and runs normally

This only happens when the car has been sat a while , after its been driven itll start first time even after a couple of hours ,

Ive noticed that the cold idle dosent seem to kick in or is very intermittent sometikes the revs pick up then itll hunt for a few seconds then drop down to just below 1k rpm , and every so often even after a long drive ill pull up at a junction and the car will be reving at 2k constantly ever time i come to a stand still and yet again its intermittant

Not to sure what it could be ?

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Rev2 turbo start issue

Post by jimi »

Sounds like it's related to the ISCV (Idle Speed Control Valve) here's a couple of threads that may help, plenty more to be found with the search function
https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forum/41/167403 ... V#p1772278
https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forum/41/162980.html?hilit=ISCV
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”