Outer CV joint help

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Dazmaz
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 1

Outer CV joint help

Post by Dazmaz »

Hey guys,

I am rebuilding a set of drive shafts for when i swap over the the LSD box i have and i cannot for the life of me source outer CV,s i was hopping yo fit new ones, I even called Toyota and they don't do them any more, has anyone found or know of a supplier that has them even if they are not genuine toyota ones, i found a seller on ebay with Shaft tech branded ones but they don't seem to be correct i ordered one to see and the shaft doesn't fit in it, was going back anyway as it was damaged, so any help would be great.

cheers

Chris69
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 5

Re: Outer CV joint help

Post by Chris69 »

Funnily enough I was looking for the exact same thing earlier today.....

http://www.tcbparts.co.uk/suspension.ht ... uspension)

Part number: UJ-244

Price: £57.00 + vat

The website is very basic, you'll have to scroll down about 9/10 of the way to find it but that's the part you need.

Also fyi non LSD shafts fit into an LSD box, for absolute piece of mind machining the steps by about 2mm on the non-LSD shafts has been done for them to sit further in but really it's not necessary.

HTH
There is no "it cant be done" only "I cant do it!"

(OO==\°/==OO)

Topic author
Dazmaz
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Dazmaz »

Good to know mate

spent a good week looking into it and ended up buying 2 Camry 3.0L V6 ones as they turned out to be more or less identical i just have to swap over the ABS rings, cheers though i will be using this site in the future!

Chris69
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by Chris69 »

That's really good to know, with all the V6 swaps done in the past i'm surprised that isn't more common knowledge, making a note for future ref.
There is no "it cant be done" only "I cant do it!"

(OO==\°/==OO)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”