Passenger seat swap to driver's side.

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
novinno

Passenger seat swap to driver's side.

Post by novinno »

Has anybody fitted a passenger seat to the driver's side? Rev 2 Mk 2.
I have not thought this out completely but obviously all the levers and adjusters would then be located in the centre of the car. That would not concern me.
However, the seat belt buckle would then be fitted on the right hand side of the seat. Would it be possible to change this over?
I imagine this mod will not be recommended but any ideas or other possible foreseen problems involved would be welcome.
Thanks

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Passenger seat swap to driver's side.

Post by d-peg »

If you look at the seat base cushion, it is not symmetrical. It has a narrower bolster on the inside compared to the outside. So, unfortunately no, they will not swap. The mounting positions are not symmetrical either.
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”