My poor wing :(

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Bish1999

My poor wing :(

Post by Bish1999 »

I've returned to my temporarily street parked and driven home to find what you can see in the photo's :sad:

Anyone got any good guides or tutorial's to look at and get an idea on repairing fiberglass?

It's a TRD style wing.

The wing seems to have split along its edge on both the front and trailing side by the left hand side fin that attaches it to the bootlid. This seems like a tricky place to fix, I wonder if I might be better off getting a quote from a bodyshop.

Can't work out how on earth this might've happened aside from some pleb walking by and smashing his fist down on it, certainly didn't happen while I was behind the wheel.

Oh well, its bodged with a bit of electrical tape for now just to keep it together.

Gutted, I've only just got this car running properly and now this has happened... :facepalm:

Sorry the photo's are all wonky, I took them in a flash earlier as I was walking back into my house.
Attachments
20210314_171420.jpg
20210314_171418.jpg
20210314_171403.jpg
20210314_171401.jpg
20210314_171359.jpg

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”