Stiff clutch pedal

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
timnutt

Stiff clutch pedal

Post by timnutt »

Hi,

Haven't driven the car over the winter, and took it out recently and found the clutch pedal to be stiff as I slowly lift it to biting point. It's fine for changing gear once moving, as you move the clutch pedal fairly quickly. But when you come to pull away or use reverse and need to keep it at the biting point, it isn't smooth. I've applied some grease to the pedal pin, but hasn't made much difference.

Is this just because I've not driven it for 3-4 months, or something else.
Any ideas how to fix it.
Thanks
Tim

Voivod

Re: Stiff clutch pedal

Post by Voivod »

Is the fluid looks dark grey or blackish in color in clutch fluid reservoir?

Topic author
timnutt

Re: Stiff clutch pedal

Post by timnutt »

No it looks OK:
clutchpic.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”