T-Bar Mount

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Padraig 04
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 1

T-Bar Mount

Post by Padraig 04 »

Hi lads,
I was just going to start fixing the rust on the roof of my mr2 but I noticed it has gone under the middle black bit on the roof don't know the name exactly. From what I've seen it looks like its stuck on with adhesive but not so sure. I'm just wondering if theirs any bolts in the headliner that hold it on or anything like that. If it is adhesive what type do I put back on when I have it off?, And main question is what do I use to take it off 😂.

Thanks lads,
Padraig

Decided to add some photos so you know what I'm on about Image

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18

Re: T-Bar Mount

Post by jimi »

If it's anything like the MK1 (which I suspect it will be) then there are studs holding it on, headlining needs removed to get access to the nuts Check this thread, it's about the MK1 but should give you a good insight into how it's fitted LINKY
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
Padraig 04

Post by Padraig 04 »

Aye had a look at that there now jimi and they look while similar so yeah I'll take the headliner off tommorrow to have a look, things covered in mould anyway

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

Let us know how you get on

Topic author
Padraig 04

Post by Padraig 04 »

I got the rust all cleaned up now, did it a month ago actually just forgot to put a update :laughing , yeah I can confirm the bit of metal the t tops slide into is held in with 4 10mm bolts under the headliner, they were quite loose actually. When I had the headliner off I noticed also their was a lovely ecosystem under there so the entire car was soaked in mould killer same as the headliner and finally the horrible smell is gone. I would post pictures but well let's just say theirs a hard line with maybe a bit of primer over spray past that line :laughing
Last edited by Padraig 04 on 20/06/21 23:00, edited 1 time in total.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

Excellent :th: if the 10mm's were slack then the T-bars won't have been tightening down properly on the seals, which would make things worse, good job sorting it out :cool1:

Topic author
Padraig 04

Post by Padraig 04 »

Oh no I made sure them 10mm are as tight as I dared, I have a makeshift garage now so the leaking won't be a problem for now hopefully :D

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”