Rusty sill seams

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Rev599

Rusty sill seams

Post by Rev599 »

Been having a good look over my new car today.

My mechanic who did the service and cam belt reckons she's a good one and has been looked after, which is encouraging.

However the sill seams have been crushed around the jacking points and have corroded down both sides. I think they've been treated before, given they are body coloured.

I couldn't do much on my drive, I've just wire brushed down the rust and put bilt hamber on the exposed patches. They will need stripping back and treating, maybe worse (hope not).

I've checked in all the major rust hotspots and she's hardly got any. Just one tiny start of a bubble on a rear arch, a tiny bit on the drivers door and a tiny bit at the front of the T bar.

I've noticed on the drivers side outer sill, there is a bubble, but I checked in the cabin behind the trim and there was nothing down there I could see.

I'm guessing a bodyshop visit is needed, but funds are tight.

Topic author
Rev599

Re: Rusty sill seams

Post by Rev599 »

Bodyshop guy reckons it's possibly the best he's seen and I know he does top work at a very good price.

Booked in for Sept.

SamJ123

Post by SamJ123 »

What's the name of the bodyshop are you using?

Topic author
Rev599

Post by Rev599 »

Mototec in Atherstone, highly recommended. He's not a welder, but does great paint work.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”