Wing Mirror glass mount and back plate replacement

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Princy1996

Wing Mirror glass mount and back plate replacement

Post by Princy1996 »

Hi folks,

Recently picked up a 1992 MR2 GT and am looking to fix up and maintain some of the wear and tear.
One thing I've been having an issue with is the Passenger side mirror not sitting properly and falling down, meaning its good for looking at the ground.

Popped off the Passenger side Wing Mirror glass and found the mirror back plate is snapped and the mounts too damaged to move on the motor and the glass mount clips also snapped. Its held in by hot glue.

I'm looking for some advice on finding a new glass mount and back plate, as I've searched online for them specifically and cant find any. I thought about plastic welding but i think the back plate is too damaged for that and the clips are long gone.

I don't really want to purchase a whole new wing just to take the glass and back plate out, if i can prevent it.

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”