SW20 won't boost past around 4k rpm

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
joeredmr2

SW20 won't boost past around 4k rpm

Post by joeredmr2 »

Hi,

My MR2 is finally back after a whole bunch of work, including engine and turbo rebuild, gearbox, and brakes.

I've completed the 1k mile warm up period for the new engine, where I did not exceed 3k rpm. Now, when trying to give it a medium amount of beans, the car shudders horribly and I loose all boost. The factory boost gauge seems to start low, then jump to very high and then it cuts. I am unable to get anywhere near redline without this happening. Yes it was cold out, but surely it shouldn't be popping the bed at 4-5k

Any idea what could be causing this?

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”