Automatic transmission fluid

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
aza12

Automatic transmission fluid

Post by aza12 »

Hi
does any know how many litres a automatic transmission holds on a mk2 toyota mr2, 3sfe engine non turbo?

thanks

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Automatic transmission fluid

Post by jimi »

8 litres from dry, 3.3 litres for drain & refill
ATF Dexron II
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
aza12

Post by aza12 »

thank you

benckj
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5

Post by benckj »

It pays to drain, refill, drive a bit and then repeat. This helps to replace fluid trapped in torque converter. Add another litre if you drop pan to replace filter. Not sure if this is really necessary as mine was spotless at 150km but wasn’t a difficult or expensive job.
On type of fluid I swapped to a full synthetic which met the ATF spec. This was on my gen3 NA.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”