Faulty Instrumental Panel Lighting

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
harri46

Faulty Instrumental Panel Lighting

Post by harri46 »

Hi All.

I have been having an intermittent problem with the dashboard lights, the speedo, rev counter etc. All four of the lights keep going off and on to the such an extent that one night I was driving in the dark and I couldnt see what speed i was doing so now no longer use the car at night.

It seems to be some kind of connection issue, sometimes I gently tap the dashboards and one of the lights may come on and then another goes out lol.

I would love any info to solve this problem as I want to use the car and night and would think its an Mot Fail anyway.

Darren

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Faulty Instrumental Panel Lighting

Post by jimi »

These articles should help you get access to the dash illumination
https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your2/mk2/ ... uster.html
https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your2/mk2/ ... anels.html

Fairly sure dash illumination is not part of the MOT, warning lights are, but not instrument illumination. ;)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”