single or twin exhaust?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
jasonh_ncfc

single or twin exhaust?

Post by jasonh_ncfc »

Still fairly new to learning about the mr2, I've seen mr2s with a single exhaust and also some with twin exhausts. I presume the single is standard, or was there an option for twin when the cars were first bought?

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: single or twin exhaust?

Post by shinny »

jasonh_ncfc wrote:Still fairly new to learning about the mr2, I've seen mr2s with a single exhaust and also some with twin exhausts. I presume the single is standard, or was there an option for twin when the cars were first bought?
MR2 mkIIs were shipping with twin exit exhausts... 2" (I think) rolled tip. Anything else is aftermarket :D

Topic author
iLogik

Post by iLogik »

When you say single do you mean one can exhaust can, or do you mean 1 pipe on each side as there seems to be some confusing with roadster owners who call twin pipes single exit and quad pipes duel exits.

The twin exhaust is standard on the roadster as far as im aware.

If you are after an exhaust there is various routes you can take, depending on looks, performance, noise ect.

Here is my single exit kakimoto, not very cheap exhaust, but good performance and used to put out a nice soundtrack when the car was N.A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aluPOULhQSI

Topic author
iLogik

Post by iLogik »

shinny wrote:
jasonh_ncfc wrote:Still fairly new to learning about the mr2, I've seen mr2s with a single exhaust and also some with twin exhausts. I presume the single is standard, or was there an option for twin when the cars were first bought?
MR2 mkIIs were shipping with twin exit exhausts... 2" (I think) rolled tip. Anything else is aftermarket :D
MK3 bud :p

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by shinny »

iLogik wrote:
shinny wrote:
MK3 bud :p
Oh yeah... hadn't noticed which section we were in :oops:

Topic author
jasonh_ncfc

Post by jasonh_ncfc »

Thanks for the replies. To confirm, these are the 2 I mean:

Topic author
northernalex

Post by northernalex »

Aftermarket twins are available
Hayward and Scott (H+S) what I have, nice and throaty, only one with proven BHP gains
TTE (or Remus - TTE is rebranded Remus) - no BHP gains, slightly heavier than the stock single exit but does look pretty nice and cool.
Powerflow (custom exahust, so anything you like obviously).
And then there's the Janspeed that is a double exit, central exhaust. Comes with race cat and is a full system including the catback and cat. Decent price too, very loud.

There's a few others I cant remember but pop over to mr2roc.org and do a search for exhausts, plenty of info on there.

Topic author
iLogik

Post by iLogik »

Single exits check out Kakimoto and blitz nur spec.

http://www.revision6.com/forms/Product.aspx?ID=439

I think blueflame may do exhausts as well.

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Her's my old Mk3 with a TTE twin exhust fitted
Attachments
normal_6joqk6.jpg
normal_6joqk6.jpg (205.52 KiB) Viewed 222 times

Topic author
inwmr2

Post by inwmr2 »

Guys, can I ask a related question, does a tte/remus exhaust fit on a standard front section and are there any other mods required to hangers, brackets or head sheilds

RICHIE BOY

Post by RICHIE BOY »

Hi Northernalex

I had a H & S exhaust fitted a few years ago to my Rev 3 MK2 N/A, de - catted at same time. Made to look OEM but with slightly bigger bore at the ends. Love it, sounds great too !

How much BHP do you reckon you get ?

Richard

andyroo
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 15

Post by andyroo »

inwmr2 wrote: 24/04/18 21:06 Guys, can I ask a related question, does a tte/remus exhaust fit on a standard front section and are there any other mods required to hangers, brackets or head sheilds
It bolts straight onto your existing manifold, although you may want to remove your pre-cat material or fit an aftermarket manifold, the only part extra needed is an additional bracket fitted to the osr of the car using the arb holes.
MR2 MK3 Silver 56
Mercedes E220 2016
Lexus IS300H 2014

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”