2001 Subframe replacement guide

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 3 days old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
M.J.S

2001 Subframe replacement guide

Post by M.J.S »

Hi All,

I think this might be my first post so "Hi"

I'm about to replace the rear subframe on a Mk3 pre-facelift model. It looks like a few people have done it before but I cannot see a how to on here.

So before I get started any tips? I'm going to plusgas the bolts in the run up to the replacement, treat the replacement one to slightly better weather proofing and ensure the car is supported on axle stands.

Has anyone got a quick how to guide to share?

I'm reasonably handy with a set of spanners and have an impact wrench for those stubborn bolts. I know afterwards it will be a trip to be 4wheel aligned.

Cheers,

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 3 days old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”