K and N filter Users

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
dinono10

K and N filter Users

Post by dinono10 »

Good evening guys,

I have just fitted into my new MR2 MK3, a K and N panel filter. Since then I have done some reading online and now have questioned whether or not it was a good idea :confused1:

I don't want to affect the MAF sensor (although I believe this is due to over oiling the filter). Has anyone else used a drop in filter (aftermarket) and had any issues?

I'm sure it is absoluetely fine however I wanted to double-check...even though I have just fitted it :laughing

benckj
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5

Re: K and N filter Users

Post by benckj »

In my view it’s an improvement but as you state don’t over oil and clean it often.

Topic author
dinono10

Post by dinono10 »

benckj wrote: 02/05/18 19:28 In my view it’s an improvement but as you state don’t over oil and clean it often.

Thank you. Another thing is really want to know is.. What is the RPM on your MR2 when you turn the engine on.

I'm pretty sure mine is ever so slightly higher after installing the K and N panel filter. I think is 1300RPM.

Just want to make sure everything is fine and normal?

Topic author
dinono10

Post by dinono10 »

I've just taken the car for a quick ten minute drive. After warming up it is now idling at 800rpm so I'm guessing that's all good. This is because that is what it was before I fitted the k an n panel filter.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”