New Noise...WTF!

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Redsparky1307

New Noise...WTF!

Post by Redsparky1307 »

Hi all, I’ve got a 2005 MK3 with just over 85K on the clock and it runs superbly. BUT I have just noticed a noise when I pull off for the first time after starting. It’s new and like I said it definitely only happens when I set off the first time after starting the car – whether warm or cold start. It doesn't happen when i pull away from the traffic lights for example!

The noise is a like metal on metal scraping lasts for almost no time and doesn’t come back until I turn the car off, start it up and pull off again. Even doing everything the same e.g. hand break etc. (I’ve even got in and out with it running) before pulling away I can’t get the noise to repeat without turning the engine off and restarting.

Does anyone have any idea what’s causing it or what the blood difference is between setting off the first time and setting off the next 20 times!!!

Thanks for your help!!

Blueskinnedbeast
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: New Noise...WTF!

Post by Blueskinnedbeast »

Probably best to make a video and post it up or share the link so people can hear exactly what it is.

carolineasb
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: New Noise...WTF!

Post by carolineasb »

Calipers sticking slightly when moving off when the car is cold?

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”