O2 Sensor Upper

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Strike5

O2 Sensor Upper

Post by Strike5 »

Hi

Had the engine management light come on today. Running the diagnostics and it came up with the bank 1 sensor 1 error.

I know the Denso ones are recommended but they are expensive, Fensport have them at about 60. Has anyone used them and will they do?

Also how long before i should get them changed. Is it something i should do immediately or do i have a couple of days? Thanks

https://www.fensport.co.uk/parts/toyota ... -manifold/

Topdownman
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: O2 Sensor Upper

Post by Topdownman »

This is who I used;

https://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/amfinder/? ... ar-7790337

(Change the sensor position from front to rear to see the other option, I cant remember which is which for the one you want). You can save some money if you are prepared to connect the universal sensor to your old plug).

As far as I know, no harm in still using it other than a bit more fuel consumption?

You can get cheap sensors, most people seem to recommend the Densos over the cheap ones though.

Fensport dont seem to give a manufacturer in that ad so not clear what you would be getting?

Topic author
Strike5

Re: O2 Sensor Upper

Post by Strike5 »

Thanks for the advice, I'll go with the Denso. I've been driving it for a week and nothing blown up yet so hopefully will get this sorted soon.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”