Cobra vs Remus

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
RafsMR2

Cobra vs Remus

Post by RafsMR2 »

So guy’s I have decided on either the Remus or Cobra, I understand the Remus is similar to the TTE, what do you guys have and which one should I go for?

yose_gt
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 5

Re: Cobra vs Remus

Post by yose_gt »

I've had a Cobra and I currently have a TTE.

I think the TTE is a better sounding exhaust, but I think the Cobra is a little bit louder
MK3 MR2 TF300 number 088

Fozzydaz

Post by Fozzydaz »

I'm in same situation, but the cobra is about £250 less than the Remus so think I'll be going that way.

Topic author
RafsMR2

Post by RafsMR2 »

The best price I have found for the Remus system is £618 including delivery.

MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by MR2Jay »

I'll be hunting for a Remus/TTE for our little roadster at some point.

I know they are pricey but having driven one with both options, I think I could live with the Remus better over a run. The Cobra is louder but sat on the motorway, I found it a bit much :no:
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Topic author
RafsMR2

Post by RafsMR2 »

So I think I’m going to go for the Remus system, thanks for your advice guys.

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Remus for me
Cars suck donkey balls

Aerotus

Post by Aerotus »

I now have the Cobra quad installed. And boy is it loud. My initial thought was crap this is too loud but it certainly adds a lot of drama to the driving experience.

The first couple of times driving it the exhaust stank of strong burning. I understand thats normal and its mostly gone now after the third drive.

The exhaust does 'pop' and it sounds awesome like a powerful but fairly silent explosion. Like someone turned on a bunsen burner next to your ears. Im not sure if this shows any visible flames from the exhaust? But with the top down the 'pops' are very audible and physical (as though you can feel the air expanding around you from the mini explosion. Hard to explain. It crackles but on a scale of 1 to 10 its more like a 2. Not sure if the exhaust will improve its sound over time. Would be nice to heard more crackles. I heard it will get louder over time, im hoping not significantly louder

Exhaust doesnt drone if going at a steady pace. Motorway was ok but it is loud when you put the foot down on any gear.

It almost drowns out the engine noise which is a shame as I really like the engine revs at night with top down. Cant have it all I guess.

Remus sounds better I'm sure but Cobra makes your presence known (good or bad!) And looks very cool.

Certainly wouldnt get this exhaust if it was a daily driver as it get annoying. Fortunately its just a car for pure fun.

No bumper cut out was needed.

Anyone with a cobra exhaust would like to hear what you think. Thanks!

Aero

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”