How to remove A pillar trim

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
stephen clarke89

How to remove A pillar trim

Post by stephen clarke89 »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to my MR2 and new to the forum. I've upgraded the head unit and want to fit the DAB aerial to the windscreen. To do that I need to remove the A pillar trim. I've been trying to find out how, but I'm really struggling to find the answer. I've downloaded the BGB but with it being 4500 pages I seem to be getting to search that either. So, apologies if it's obvious or is documented somewhere, but I have tried to find it myself, honest!

BTW I've got a 2004 with 90k on the clock and I love it. It makes me smile every time I drive it.

Topdownman
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: How to remove A pillar trim

Post by Topdownman »

Its been a few years since I tried to do this so memory may not be 100% accurate.

This is not easy at all because (I think) it is held on by the clamp that you latch the soft top onto.

You will not be able to remove the latch bolts! Toyota decided to glue these soft bolts in so you will strip the heads if you try to remove them and have to drill them out and possibly have to retap the threads.

If you were doing the drivers side, the first step would be to lift up the left hand edge on the dash as there is a clip there, then there are 2 or 3 clips pushed into the a pillar and that should leave the trim hanging by the top under the latch. Not sure if that would give enough room to get an aerial wire up to where you want it.

Hopefully this helps but it is probably 4 years since I had a play with mine so I could well be wrong!

Topic author
stephen clarke89

Re: How to remove A pillar trim

Post by stephen clarke89 »

That makes sense. I'll give it a go!

Thanks so much for your reply.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”