spark plug external corrosion

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
David_F

spark plug external corrosion

Post by David_F »

Hi, I have recently had my spark plugs replaced, and two of them were quite rusted. It has also resulted in corrosion of the cam cover. The car is parked outside in the winter. Do you think this is a fault or is it just to do with low usage and being outside? The other two were perfect.

It is a TF300, so a late model and only 37K on the clock! I have had it from virtually new and still love driving it!

Just joined the club.

David
20190708_114118.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

benckj
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5

Re: spark plug external corrosion

Post by benckj »

Generally, if you have corroded plugs its due to water ingress through seals with plug leads on valve cover. Water sits in there until it is evaporated off during engine running. Just another reason to pull and inspect plugs at regular intervals.

jim

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”