Replacement Key

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
kay00ni

Replacement Key

Post by kay00ni »

When I bought my 2005 mr2 I was given a blank key. Got a transponder for it and have been able to programme it to open and close doors but it won't start the car. Can anyone help or am I going to have to take it to the dealership to sort. Thanks

carolineasb
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Replacement Key

Post by carolineasb »

There is possibly a file on the fb UK MR2 Roadster page for the dance to programme the key, however, I'm not sure what you mean about getting a transponder? You may need to get an ecu along with keys that are all originally linked from a scrap car/breaker? I take it you can also open the back bins, fuel flap and engine lid with the key you have? If so, I would contact Dick Sloan of MR2 Roadster Recycling (he's in Carlisle) if you can't find a breaker. I think Dick is dick2ski on here.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”