Sony stereo

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
SuzukiSteve

Sony stereo

Post by SuzukiSteve »

Hi,
I have the original Sony stereo, is there a way to connect my phone with a aux cable?

SamJ123

Re: Sony stereo

Post by SamJ123 »

Hi,

I have a Sony Mini Disc radio in my Mr2 which was installed by the original Japanese owner in the mid 90s. Cant seem to get any sound to come through the speakers.

If you are savy with wiring and are comfortable with speaker systems it isn't impossible to get an AUX connection installed. If you're not comfortable with electronics I would probably pay an auto electrician to sort something out. Can you post up a picture of the Sony Radio in the car

J88TEO

Post by J88TEO »

I have an after-market stereo with aux - hate this.
Can't remember the brand - will fine out.
Happy to swap with your Sony.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Are you sure the Sony is original? I think the original would have been Toyota.
Checked on this, turns out the stereo was "point of entry" fitted, ie by the dealer, so could well be original.
Find the model number of the Sony, should be easy enough to find out if it has an Aux input from the model number.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
SuzukiSteve

Post by SuzukiSteve »

It's the Sony wx-c570r. I can't find anywhere online that says it's able to take a aux

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

According to the manual there is no Aux input. You could use something like this

I've used a much older version (not with bluetooth) in a car with no Aux input and it worked pretty well, I've heard good reports on these latest Bluetooth versions.

Topic author
SuzukiSteve

Post by SuzukiSteve »

Thats a shame, i want to keep the car completely original. Guess i'll just order one online :facepalm:

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

I noticed that in the manual it shows phono inputs (left+right) for bus audio, I think that's for a CD changer. It may be possible to utilise that to take an audio signal from another device (phone etc) but I can't be sure about that.
The FM transmitters I linked to just plug into the lighter socket for power, easily removable and not removing any originality from the car (IMO). It could also be easily installed out of sight e.g in the glove box

carolineasb
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by carolineasb »

I'm not sure if the stereos that came with the CD changer were just for the Facelift cars rather than the Pre-facelift? The stereos are definitely different as we have a PFL and a TF300 with original stereo equipment

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”