Door window seal issue

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
mrT00

Door window seal issue

Post by mrT00 »

Hi all,

I just got an MR2!

Everything seems perfect on it, but I'm having an issue with the door/window seal which I didn't notice when I was buying the car. The drivers door is letting in water around the top of the window where it meets the A-pillar. It looks different to the passenger side and I'm not sure if its just pinched and folded in, or if the seal is damaged or parts are missing. Help please!

This the passenger side which is normal:
IMG_20191024_132305.jpg
Driver side, note the bend/gap
IMG_20191024_132255.jpg
Drive side from the inside
73286528_10156301809751396_3400818288236691456_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
mrT00

Re: Door window seal issue

Post by mrT00 »

Right then, so the door window seal is fixed, I bent that clip back and there is no more gap between the glass and the seal... however, there is a big leak happening where the roof meets the windscreen, right at the top... is there a drain for this?

carolineasb
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Door window seal issue

Post by carolineasb »

Never heard of a leak at the top of the windscreen :( is it a replacement roof or replacement windscreen? Are you seeing the water coming through there? Most water ingress problems come from the drains behind the doors that eventually leak into the bins and if not fixed onto the carpets (and the foam underneath :( )

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”