Mystery bracket under storage bins

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
jonthesticks

Mystery bracket under storage bins

Post by jonthesticks »

I’ve had the dreaded sloshing noise recently due to blocked hood drains and there’s been so much rain that it started to fill under the storage bin areas behind the seats. That then filled the electric aerial relay box with water (it had fallen off its clip) which then meant the aerial wouldn’t power down and that then failed!

Anyway, whilst investigating all this, I found a bracket loose (see pic) under the drivers side bin and I can’t for the life of me work out where it’s supposed to be mounted. It has two small bolts that had clearly come out of somewhere, one of these was sat in the drainage hole at the bottom of this area and was blocking it.

Anyone know where this bracket goes and what it’s supposed to do?
Attachments
D022EE52-6AAD-4442-83CC-ACEF521274FD.jpeg

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”