Alarm relocation?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Dawsosl
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Alarm relocation?

Post by Dawsosl »

So I have removed the spare wheel to create some more storage space but frustratingly the alarm siren is mounted right in the centre of the space. I want to move it either to the back or possibly underneath but wondered if anyone else has considered this and tried it?

Mk3 mr2 2004

Topdownman
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Alarm relocation?

Post by Topdownman »

This is a common mod. Often people just flip the spare wheel and move the siren outside and then lengthen the thread on the bolt that holds the spare wheel in so it can be secured safely. This is handy if you want the option of a spare and keeps weight over the front axle but increases the space.
My siren is on the outside of my "boot" now and its very easy to do, you just have to drill out 1 spot weld to split the mounting bracket so you can use that to attach the siren in your chosen location.
It has an added advantage of making the alarm much louder too!

telgnal

Post by telgnal »

J'ai monté mon alarme dans le compartiment moteur ,il y à de la place .
Seuls inconvénients pour passer les fils il faut démonter le coffre à bagages et rallonger les fils .
A+

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18

Post by jimi »

telgnal wrote: 16/04/20 7:50 J'ai monté mon alarme dans le compartiment moteur ,il y à de la place .
Seuls inconvénients pour passer les fils il faut démonter le coffre à bagages et rallonger les fils .
A+

I mounted my alarm in the engine compartment, there is room.
The only drawbacks for passing the wires are to dismantle the luggage compartment and lengthen the wires.
A +
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
Dawsosl
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1

Post by Dawsosl »

Awesome thanks guys I knew somone must have thought of it.

telgnal

Post by telgnal »

IMG_20200504_183014[1].jpg
Une photo ou j'ai mis l'alarme
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”