Dashboard instruments not working

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
stephen clarke

Re: Dashboard instruments not working

Post by stephen clarke »

I have been checking the fuses visually

The battery had gone flat and was removed from the car to charge it. I have also tried fitting the battery from my other car and it is the same. the car starts Ok but no instruments.

There are only two cables attached to the positive terminal which are not detachable so everything is connected to the battery

telgnal

Post by telgnal »

J'abandonne ,sans multimètre impossible de trouver votre panne et quand je dit remplacer le fusible 28 vous remplacez le 27 ?c'est celui de la montre et du plafonnier?

Changez le fusible 7.5 amp en position 28.

Topic author
stephen clarke

Post by stephen clarke »

I think we have solved the problem !

There is a 100amp fuse in the engine compartment No.46 which had burnt on the side so not visible from the top. I need to get a replacement and expect that this will sort it.

Will just need to be careful as not sure what would have caused this to burn

telgnal

Post by telgnal »

stephen clarke wrote: 11/05/20 20:25 I had a problem with a flat battery and blown fuse resulting in car not starting. While these have been resolved and car now starts & drives I have no instruments working (speedo, rev counter, fuel gauge, warning lights etc) and also no fan blower, electric windows or remote locking. I have checked all the fuses and they are Ok so was wondering if there was maybe a relay which governs the power supply to the dashboard.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated. thanks
Diagnostique faux j'ai vérifié tous les fusibles et ils sont bons .
Il faut investir 10 ou 20 euro dans un multimètre c'est bien utile .
Je suis content que ton problème soit résolu .
Bonne route en MR.
A+ Bernard Français près de Sanary .

telgnal

Post by telgnal »

Cette panne est assez courante ,souvent en mettant des câbles de démarrage à l'envers ou batterie montée à l'envers ,ce fusible est vissé .
https://www.mrs-passion.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13288

Topic author
stephen clarke

Post by stephen clarke »

Il était très difficile de voir la rupture dans le fusible mais il est bon de l’avoir trouvé. J’attends juste un nouveau fusible venant dans le poteau.

telgnal

Post by telgnal »

Avez vous branché des câbles de démarrage à l'envers ?
Personnellement je vérifie les fusibles avec un testeur cela fait gagner beaucoup de temps.
A+

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”