Brake dust shield bolts

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
PeterMk3

Brake dust shield bolts

Post by PeterMk3 »

Hi, new Mr2 owner. I have a list of jobs to do, but first my front brake disc shield has fallen off! I have ordered a pair of new ones and I am going to attempt to change myself. Does anyone know what bolts are needed for the job? I suspect that I will need new ones given how rusty the shields are. Don't want to wait until I have started the job as it will means longer of the road. Cheers Peter

Topdownman
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Brake dust shield bolts

Post by Topdownman »

Its a big job, I believe you have to take the hub off to do it.

Most people just leave them off when bits rust off because of this.

Topic author
PeterMk3

Post by PeterMk3 »

Might leave it it for a garage to do then! Was hoping to tackle simple jobs like oil changes myself. Cheers

Topdownman
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Topdownman »

I think its a good idea to get stuck in and have a go. There are plenty of things you can do yourself!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”