"Modified" Airbox?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
675Jim

"Modified" Airbox?

Post by 675Jim »

Just picked up a very cheap Mk3 and had an engine management light come on on the drive home. Code reader came up with P0175 & P0172 which both relate to "system too rich".

I thought that sounded fairly safe and not too much to worry about, but thought I'd whip the plugs out and see what was occurring. They're white and powdery so looks like exactly the opposite of "system too rich"!

Searching around for possible air leaks and discovered that the airbox has been well and truly butchered - more holes than swiss cheese.

MAF sensor is minging so that will be getting a thorough clean and I've picked up a hole-free standard air box from ebay this afternoon.

Anything else I need to be checking or does this sound like the root of the problem?

Any advice appreciated as I'm brand new to these.

Cheers,

Jim

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”