Engine Fixings Torque Settings (MK3 1.8vvti engine)

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
IanMorphecusStevens
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Engine Fixings Torque Settings (MK3 1.8vvti engine)

Post by IanMorphecusStevens »

Hi
Does anyone know where I can get official torque settings for the MK3 1.8 vvti engine?

There are a few forums that come up in a Google search but I don't know these people and have no idea whether the info will be correct & accurate etc.

This has not been an easy job and I don't want to take this engine out ever again!!!

I have emailed Toyota direct and have spoken to my local dealership but other than pestering their mechanics to go find out the data sheets, which seems a bit unreasonable, I have had no luck.

v grateful for any advice but please don't just text back a load of figures, I'd like to have official data sheets if possible, so I can be sure I'm rebuilding as perfect as possible - I'm an engineer, not a mechanic, we panic if things aren't perfect!!!

cheers,
Ian

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18

Re: Engine Fixings Torque Settings (MK3 1.8vvti engine)

Post by jimi »

Welcome to the club :th:
You can download the MK3 BGB, A.K.A. "The Big Green Book" or "The Toyota Repair Manual" from here
https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/download-cats/c ... 2-mk3.html
it contains the info you need in the Repair section ;)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
IanMorphecusStevens
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5

Re: Engine Fixings Torque Settings (MK3 1.8vvti engine)

Post by IanMorphecusStevens »

Cheers! I’m out at the mo so will download when I return home - thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”