MK3 Engine Replacement

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
jasondurg

MK3 Engine Replacement

Post by jasondurg »

Hi all,

Just had my car for over2 months now...
Already burning oil (precats were gutted before I purchased the car) and have been told by a garage that my piston rings need replacing (either that or the valve seals need doing).

All in all, it's a job that'll cost almost as much as just buying a new engine.
Mine's only done 54k miles to date so I don't know what to do - buy a reconditioned engine or get this one rebuilt?

Also, does anyone know anywhere that I can get (midlands/north west(Liverpool)) a new engine+fitting done?

Thanks in advance,
Jason.

Synz
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: MK3 Engine Replacement

Post by Synz »

YVS Performance in Leeds does all things MR2, Mainly works with Mk1 and Mk2 but what Simon doesn't know about Engine rebuilding isn't worth knowing.

Give him a call he'll talk you thought what he thinks your best options are.

ta
Dom
- MR2 Rev5 2.0 GTi TBar 2008 - 2011
- MR2 Rev5 Turbo GTS TBar 2020 - Present
- MR2 Rev3 Turbo GTS Donor car (RIP)
www.instagram.com/fuel_toyota
My Project thread

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”