Front door speakers.

This section is for technical Q & A only - any other threads will be deleted/moved. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Andrew1980

Front door speakers.

Post by Andrew1980 »

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I ordered two replacement door speakers from Mr mr2 on eBay to replace my very buzzy ones. I fitted the passenger door one but could not get the drivers side door card off to access the speaker. It seems to be stuck around the door handle area. Any suggestions? Secondly when looking at the remaining replacement speaker I noticed that I have put the right speaker in the left side😠 does this make a difference as each time I take off trim I seem to ruin it more. Really don't want to have to start again

Thanks in advance

Andy

benckj
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5

Re: Front door speakers.

Post by benckj »

Door cards are identical in as far as attachments go. Often the window switch assembly can cause issues and tabs get broken. Keep trying and remember to lift bottom out then card up to remove.

Speakers should be identical so left of right is not a concern. Wiring it to head unit is unique to position.

Hope this helps.

Topic author
Andrew1980

Post by Andrew1980 »

Thanks for that, at least I dontbhave to remove the passenger card again. On the left side I was able to remove the trim behind the door pull handle and the plastic insert part that you grab to pull the door closed which is attached by plastic plug things. On the drivers side neither of these will budge. I have already caused damage to the door card insert and the soft plastic next to the door handle which has "censored" me off cos the interior of mine is pretty mint.

I am also hoping to tighten my hand brake cable in prep for an mot. Are there any posts for this as I could not find them. Someone said it was as simple as loosening some bolts and pulling the cable tight. I am trying to do more myself as have run out of cash for mechanics

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Have a read of this article http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2.html ... kbartid=80 it's for the MK1 but the MK2 setup is pretty much the same
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “ICE”