Help with wiring

This section is for technical Q & A only - any other threads will be deleted/moved. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 2 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Killerchipmunk88

Help with wiring

Post by Killerchipmunk88 »

Hi all. I’m new to the forum, got my mk2 a few weeks ago (rev5 sonic shadow). It came with a crappy old Sony HU and Only the rear speakers were working and decided it can’t be that hard to figure out the problem and fix it, despite the fact I know nothing about wiring. Got the radio out and a previous owner had snipped all the wires behind the plugs for no reason.

I’d like to update the HU to a double din pioneer but need some advice beforehand. Firstly I have no idea if my system is active or not, had a quick search but couldn’t find the answers I need. Obviously I need to get a new harness seeing as the current ones been butchered but need to know which one. Also if it is active can I use any HU with the current speakers/amps or do I need to strip the whole lot? I’m not looking to create a huge spl setup, just want tunes to sound good.

Topic author
Killerchipmunk88

Re: Help with wiring

Post by Killerchipmunk88 »

It appears my search skills need work. Thanks Jimi.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 2 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “ICE”