Full screen replacement head unit with iphone X compatibility?

This section is for technical Q & A only - any other threads will be deleted/moved. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
BALDYMONSTER
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Full screen replacement head unit with iphone X compatibility?

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

jeff wrote: 04/06/18 15:11 as i haven't fitted to the mr2 i cant say regarding fitment i have one for the daily run around thats got one installed

doesn't come with any satnav, but as its android you can install things like google maps or waze
best thing is just look on the google pay store and most apps on there can be installed to this device

i have you tube, iplayer, bbc news and weather to name a few installed on mine

Will it play dvds on the move if you set up a naughty switch?

Well those are my principles, and if you don't like them... I have others.

A child of 5 could understand this! Quick, send for a child of 5!

rainen
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Full screen replacement head unit with iphone X compatibility?

Post by rainen »

I've just installed the JVC KW-M730BT into my MR2. Fits nicely into the gap with little work required. Simple plug and play with the ISO adapter cable that I bought with the unit with no cables to cut and solder! Really pleased with the unit and like the Apple CarPlay although at this point in time it is somewhat short on compatible apps. It is rumored that with IOS 12 it will get more apps including other SATNAV applications. Lets hope so......

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “ICE”