Installing sub with active system

This section is for technical Q & A only - any other threads will be deleted/moved. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
SegaAges
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 1

Installing sub with active system

Post by SegaAges »

Hi guys

Having put my Mr2 back in the road I want to add my 12" Fusion active sub behind the seat, my Mr2 is an import and comes with the active sound system, there are 2 stock subs behind the seats, they sound good but I need more bass after having my Fusion in my van I miss the bass and the active subs just dont cut it for me anymore.

I don't want to discontinue the active system as it sounds good, my radio is a bit old school a keywood kmd ps971r it's hooked up by the preamp outlets to the stock amp but there is another set of preouts spare on this radio the none fading ones, I've hooked my sub up to them and sounds flipping awesome but I worried now that all 6 preouts on my radio are hooked up I will damage my radio or will this be ok.

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Installing sub with active system

Post by shinny »

Any stereo with preouts are designed to run with all those pre-outs in operation. The power required to run a pre-out is minimal compared to an amplified output so you don't need to worry in the slightest.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “ICE”