6 hours of B road action! who else had a good blast around??

For all your MR2 adventures
Please remember that racing on the public highway is both dangerous and illegal.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
jimGTS
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by jimGTS »

after spending a week and a half in miami, south beach! great place.

came back and needed some mr2 action....

both saturday and sunday, checked oil and coolent, all good, and went out for 3+ hours on both days around the awsome B roads of Kent....tried to find all the Kent coast run roads!!! :clapping:

car never missed a beat.....! used a good 3/4 of a tank!

who else is loving the super cool intake temps?? :th:

have to say, even at wastegate pressure i struggled for grip on some of the wet/slippy roads, but was all good fun....! but still plenty of dry roads (just).

nearly lost it coming on boost at 1.4bar, car took a 30degree twist at 50+mph, scary! but brought it back inline! :shocked: :shocked:
i had a few drifting moments all easily corrected through the trips, but this nearly killed me, lol! thank god i had no tank slapping going on....
would guess 18s arnt helping, lol... :shocked:

who else is enjoying the weather????

......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____

GreatWhite
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: 6 hours of B road action! who else had a good blast arou

Post by GreatWhite »

used a good 3/4 of a tank!
Just not trying hard enough! :D

Topic author
jimGTS
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9

Post by jimGTS »

least i think it was 3/4, lol
running on empty now, but was sure it started little over 3/4...

if i tried any harder, id be dead, lol
......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____

synXero

Post by synXero »

Remember to play safe!

rhys57

Post by rhys57 »

I'm really surprised how good my mk2 is in the snow :0)

doogle

Post by doogle »

roads around kent are fun and still no snow :D . will be taking mine out for a spin but need to get some fuel first

rhys57

Post by rhys57 »

The snow is really bad where I live in Redcar :0( my car cover is on

Tinker2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7

Post by Tinker2 »

Moved to here
1990 Rev1 GLimited T-Bar Black = Gone but not forgotten
1998 Rev5 N/A Cosmos Blue = Sold
1995 Rev3 GT-S T-Bar Goodwood Green =

Toplesscouple

Post by Toplesscouple »

Not as spirited as Jims driving experience but a nice 6 hours out today using mainly B roads and single track roads around Banbury, Chipping Norton, Southam and Daventry. Weather was fine all day and the roads in the main were dry. Can't wait until the lighter evenings.

Also saw a black Roadster on the A425 as we headed back to Rugby.

Kinsy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4

Post by Kinsy »

Just be careful - it may be dry but your tyres won't like it being -4 out. Had a fairly serious moment I managed to sort out coming out of a roundabout earlier - all that experience playing around in the snow really helped me. Quick steering and having the confidence to keep your foot in it saved me!

Nippon

Post by Nippon »

[quote="Kinsy"]Just be careful - it may be dry but your tyres won't like it being -4 out. Had a fairly serious moment I managed to sort out coming out of a roundabout earlier - all that experience playing around in the snow really helped me. Quick steering and having the confidence to keep your foot in it saved me![/quote]

Driving in snow to brush up on your skills is a good idea, I did so in dec snow fall in an old abandoned car park, in 2009 I nearly totalled my 2 in the snow running on crap rims and stupidly small tires, all I did was creep down a straight peace of road and the road had a very slight bend and as I steered round the back started to drift out I was going down nearly sideways into an on coming car, I’m just "censored" glad I had some earlier experience with RWD’s with my old ford sierra, I mean that was even worse than the 2 as engine was in the front so the rear end was light as a feather, quickly took it out of gear and it corrected it self, my trouser were quite brown after that experience, now I have snow chains and socks on board for front and back and "censored" off wide tires at the back with 17” rims, any bit of snow the socks are on front and back.

Olly

Post by Olly »

I've not had a blast in my tubby for about 6 months. Just been committing and pootling for months. Its booked on to Rogue next Monday for their full £400 service pack. Once that's all done, then I'll treat myself to a blast around the Surrey countryside.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “The Spirited Driving Chronicles”