Suggest some good driving roads in north wales.

For all your MR2 adventures
Please remember that racing on the public highway is both dangerous and illegal.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
RickMcRick

Re: Suggest some good driving roads in north wales.

Post by RickMcRick »

Cheers, the north to mid wales are definitely of interest :)

Topic author
The Scoop

Post by The Scoop »

[quote="RickMcRick"]Cheers, the north to mid wales are definitely of interest :)[/quote]

Rick, I live in Sandbach and have managed to get to the EVO triangle and surrounding roads for an evening drive during summer (4hour round trip). It's well worth doing the drive more than once a year, the roads are ace! But as someone else said, make sure you've brimmed the tank before you get to Wales as there are hardly any fuel stations, I nearly got caught out!
There's a lot of bikers out there early morning at the weekends too so watch your mirrors!

Topic author
RickMcRick

Post by RickMcRick »

Thanks for the tip.
I'll have to lean on my regional rep to organise some drives out round the area for all my MR2ing buddies :)

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Cars suck donkey balls

Topic author
RickMcRick

Post by RickMcRick »

Thanks, replied on your thread.

Topic author
kinkykat

Post by kinkykat »

Evo triangle is good, but the a5.... and any b roads etc up in north wales are pretty epic tbh.

Enjoyed a trip down south wales, covered 200 miles of the brecon beacons inc the black mountains for a charity drive for wales air ambulance last year in a C4 Corvette.... they are some pretty spectacular roads too.

Im doing the A5 down to betws y coed, food in a pub then more travelling on the a5 to the lake in bala for some pics on the 13th of march. Should be an awesome drive.

Big_Martin

Post by Big_Martin »

When we used to live in Oswestry we took a few trips down the A5 and beyond to Cemlyn Bay, Barmouth and Trawsfynydd. I absolutely love the roads round there and the scenery is stunning too! I particularly like the section of the A5 between Capel Curig and Nant Ffrancon, especially when it's stormy!

Topic author
The Scoop

Post by The Scoop »

[quote="RickMcRick"]Thanks for the tip.
I'll have to lean on my regional rep to organise some drives out round the area for all my MR2ing buddies :)[/quote]

Good idea Rick, I may well be in for joining that!

Topic author
Seven7Two2

Post by Seven7Two2 »

Being From Anglesey, Can I be bias and say get on the Anglesey Coast road and go from there! It's a really nice drive and at right times empty of cars! the coast on anglesey is amazing, and if you go to the right places and stops so pretty places to chill.
Pretty Enjoyable to put your foot down aswell (of course as long as it's legal ;))

Crim

Topic author
RickMcRick

Post by RickMcRick »

Cheers for all the inputs guys. Looks like I'll be spending a lot of this year in Wales LOL.

Topic author
The Scoop

Post by The Scoop »

How did the drive go Rick?
I got over that way this last weekend in the sunshine with a group of mates and we had an ace time! The roads were ace and most of us got a clean run at the EVO triangle roads. The little Mk3 was a fantastic drive, especially on the bits where I was able to go full on Banzai Maximum Attack!!!

The route is saved in Google Maps here:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en& ... 5b09f&z=10

Here's some shots of the stops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
RickMcRick

Post by RickMcRick »

You found my other thread. Looks like you had a really good time too. I really like that last pic.

Topic author
The Scoop

Post by The Scoop »

[quote="RickMcRick"]You found my other thread. Looks like you had a really good time too. I really like that last pic.[/quote]

Yeah, we all had a great time! Same as you guys by the looks of your photos. I'm planning on getting out there a few more times before the end of the year, plenty more roads to be explored! I reckon a Regional group drive would be good, don't you?

Topic author
RickMcRick

Post by RickMcRick »

Yeah, always nice to have a big group :)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “The Spirited Driving Chronicles”