What a soft top weekend

For all your MR2 adventures
Please remember that racing on the public highway is both dangerous and illegal.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
BlackIce2

What a soft top weekend

Post by BlackIce2 »

Well the weather says it all.

finnished worked friday night , thought stuff it go for a drive , got around 8pm ish , and the roads where empty ,(everyone in the pub) , blasted it around and done half tank of fuel .

Saturday looked like a lovely day , but had to go to work , so went in at 9am , sorted a few things out and by 9.45 my car was in the workshop having its oil drained.
well after fitting some DLR , plus a full service i was ready to go out.
2.30pm , filled up with fuel.

many many miles later i needed a beer so parked the car up , with only a quarter of a tank left (holy "censored" 3/4 of a tank used today).

Sunday up early , gym and washing done quickly , then back to the petrol station, for a full up .
well i was hitting the roads hard , got to lunch time and need some lunch .

after that more power driving and lots of side ways action , plus lots of fuel , after 3 hours of hard core driving i need more fuel , so after thinking that i have spent over £150 on fuel already it was time for bed.

you have to love the MK3 , what a car.

Topic author
BlackIce2

Re: What a soft top weekend

Post by BlackIce2 »

ps must buy a hat or sun cream , have very red foerhead .

Ripley
Years of MR2 Ownership: 22
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Ripley »

BlackIce2 wrote:Well the weather says it all.

finnished worked friday night , thought stuff it go for a drive , got around 8pm ish , and the roads where empty ,(everyone in the pub) , blasted it around and done half tank of fuel .

Saturday looked like a lovely day , but had to go to work , so went in at 9am , sorted a few things out and by 9.45 my car was in the workshop having its oil drained.
well after fitting some DLR , plus a full service i was ready to go out.
2.30pm , filled up with fuel.

many many miles later i needed a beer so parked the car up , with only a quarter of a tank left (holy "censored" 3/4 of a tank used today).

Sunday up early , gym and washing done quickly , then back to the petrol station, for a full up .
well i was hitting the roads hard , got to lunch time and need some lunch .

after that more power driving and lots of side ways action , plus lots of fuel , after 3 hours of hard core driving i need more fuel , so after thinking that i have spent over £150 on fuel already it was time for bed.

you have to love the MK3 , what a car.
Are you practicing for the Highland Drive by any chance Alan :whistling:

Save the bunnies!

vanilla.coffee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 39
MR2's Owned: 5

What a soft top weekend

Post by vanilla.coffee »

Good stuff Alan :th:

I returned my Insignia back to work this morning just so I could get my roadster to enjoy this weather today.

Can't wait for Thursday...!!!

See you at Beaconsfield bud :th:
They'll take the internet off us if people keep doing this.

PeteT
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by PeteT »

:clapping: :clapping:

Well Done Alan

My forehead is a little bit red too :blush:
2's Owned
1989 Mk1 N/A TBar - Red
1992 Mk2 N/A TBar - Red
1999 Mk2 N/A TBar - Red
1999 Mk2 Under Cover Tubby Tbar - Red - sold to chris3boro
2003 Mk3 - Red

andyroo
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 15

Post by andyroo »

My weekend off and once i had done all the essential jobs at home i eventually went out to enjoy the sun this afternoon,half a tank of fuel later and a big smile i returned home. :th:
No sunburn though as when you have a lack of hair like me you learn to wear a hat in the sun,especially in a convertible. :D
MR2 MK3 Silver 56
Mercedes E220 2016
Lexus IS300H 2014

Topic author
rover76

Post by rover76 »

Been real nice weather of lately , t-glass out every day last week after work :th:

Topic author
whitworthmike

What a soft top weekend

Post by whitworthmike »

I spent today as Rickmcrick's passenger on the mr2 mk1 owner's club run around north Wales. 200 miles with the T-bars off. It's been fantastic! :th:

Kinsy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4

Post by Kinsy »

I have red shoulders...

From mending a tintop turbo all day friday :-P

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “The Spirited Driving Chronicles”