Last Blast for 6 weeks.

For all your MR2 adventures
Please remember that racing on the public highway is both dangerous and illegal.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Last Blast for 6 weeks.

Post by d-peg »

Kermit had an outing Saturday morning. Will be the last for a while as it's coming off-road for some engine work.

Got in an early start - 6:30 am - that annoyed the neighbours! :laughing .... Pulled cover off and packed it away in the boot, t-bars off - the sun is rising... Keeping the revs low, reversed off my drive and slowly out of the estate. First time i've driven her in 3 months. Making sure i reach the right temps, dual carriageway and still warming - listening for any noises that shouldn't be there .... it's fine. :th:

I turn off the A2 and take one of my favourite roads through the Alkham Valley near Dover. nice flat tarmac, lots of camber changes, sweeping bends, different crests/gradients plus one particularly challenging "S" through the Alkham village. :th:

This takes me onto the A20 near Folkestone ... boring dual carriageway again... Fortunately i only need it for 1 mile of use..... half of that mile being a tunnel through Kent's famous white cliffs (or the hills behind them anyway). From 5th to 3rd and nail it. 6400rpm and the iPhone is telling me 105dB(A) :laughing - tunnels are great.. :)

Then i avoid the M20 and take the A20 which is again ... a very interesting and quite technical country road... passing mr2big's house i keep the volume down so not to wake him! He's still a long way off joining me on one of these!

I head off along the country lanes toward "Kent Run Mecca"; the infamous Canal Road. Leading up to it there are some great roads still. Everybody knows the Canal Road is the main event. Long straights with some tricky chicanes...

Turning 180 degrees at Rye i head the opposite way back up the Canal Road and take a slightly different country route back toward Folkestone. Again it's still early so i creep past sleepy michael's houes :D this time i take the old Roman road known as Stone Street toward Canterbury. A very fast road again with some excellent bends ... watch the surface though, the coilover'd MR2 can be a little skittish...

I reach Canterbury and decide to head for home.... the scenic route! A great run out driving my car on a sunny weekend morning .... could you ask for more? :th:

d-peg out!

92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

chris
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 5

Re: Last Blast for 6 weeks.

Post by chris »

...sounds fun :th:

Big_Martin

Last Blast for 6 weeks.

Post by Big_Martin »

Excellent! :th:

We're planning a trip to your neck of the woods for early September, I'll have to try that out!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “The Spirited Driving Chronicles”