Who knows France?

For all your MR2 adventures
Please remember that racing on the public highway is both dangerous and illegal.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Steeev88

Who knows France?

Post by Steeev88 »

Hey guys and gals.

On Sunday (31/07/11) I will be leaving sunny Scotland for sunny France with 5 of my friends.

We are staying in the middle of nowhere, in my friends', fathers house. The address is "23400 Bord". If you type it into google, you'll see exactly where it is.

We have our route to Dover all planned out. And we have most of our route in France planned out.

Once we get to Calais, we are heading for Rouen, stopping for lunch and a break (To avoid Paris), then on to our destination.

What I am wondering is, does anyone know of any good places we can stop en route. Some nice places with good things to do, that isn't too far out the way?

And...does anyone know of (Through experience etc) of what things there is to do round about where we are staying?

3 of our days, when there, are planned out. 1 day in Lyon. 1 day in Bordeaux and 1 day in Limoges. The rest we are just going to play by ear.

Any hints/tips/suggestions/opinions are welcome.

Thanks guys. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Who knows France?

Post by shinny »

There's a fun tunnel on N28 into Rouen :th:

Topic author
Steeev88

Post by Steeev88 »

shinny wrote:There's a fun tunnel on N28 into Rouen :th:

Oh, I may have forgotten to mention, we're taking two cars....a BMW 318 and a Mazda 3, not in MR2's :crybaby:

I know this is an MR2 website, but this is a spirited drive, just in a non-MR2 car. :clapping:

Cheers anyway Shinny. We're heading that way, so will be good to check it out en-route :clapping: :th: :D

Topic author
Steeev88

Post by Steeev88 »

Are you telling me that out of this whole club, Shinny knows one tunnel???

No-one knows anything about France? :rolleyes: :whistling:

nelix
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by nelix »

[quote="Steeev88"]

No-one knows anything about France? :rolleyes: :whistling:[/quote]

They speak French.
There are lots of frogs in wheelchairs and scared looking snails everywhere.
Parisians are quite probably the most ignorant and arrogant people on earth.
The Lourve is a must see, the mona lisa overrated.
The cream of French manhood are brilliant at burning livestock and disrupting ports and motorways, but go strangely quiet when faced by invading armies.
The number of active resistance members doubled roughly every hour after the allies liberated Paris.

PeteT
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by PeteT »

Anywhere you go in France will be great. Draw a straight line from Rouen to your destination. Try to keep that that avoiding main roads.

How about something like this? Its just a quick knock up
Map
2's Owned
1989 Mk1 N/A TBar - Red
1992 Mk2 N/A TBar - Red
1999 Mk2 N/A TBar - Red
1999 Mk2 Under Cover Tubby Tbar - Red - sold to chris3boro
2003 Mk3 - Red

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “The Spirited Driving Chronicles”