Cool but sunny Sunday

For all your MR2 adventures
Please remember that racing on the public highway is both dangerous and illegal.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
ahdigital

Cool but sunny Sunday

Post by ahdigital »

Hey,

When I first joined here I wasn't really sure what this section of the forum was all about. Today I 'got it'.

Yesterday I did the T-Bar leak fix with silicon and clingfilm and this morning I got up early, super excited to see if it looks like it had worked. I'm pleased to say it looks promising. I might be dry commuting to work again this week.

I followed this up with a 3 hour session of washing, clay barring and waxing. The white paint has unfortunately faded over the years in places but wow - what a difference today in the sun.

Since driving the car from about September time I've not had the T-Bars actually off for a drive. So I decided that today I would pop them off and stow them behind the seats and go for a ride. Boy did I enjoy it! I got such a good feeling driving with the lid off and it was even better being able to hear the notes of the Blitz exhaust coupled with the pssh and chatter of the dump valve.

It was still a bit damp in places out and about so I took it steady but it just amazes me each time I put my foot down and I get the sense that the rear wants to overtake the front. Crazy sensation, and today I think I really felt that the MR2 is a drivers car. I cruised up and back down a dual carriageway and was lucky enough to spot another 2, gleaming in red. I looked in as a drove past and admittedly had a bit of a grin on my face. I think the chap in the other motor new what I was grinning about.

After that I followed a couple of bikers on their Harleys for a while. I'm not sure they appreciated me joining them but it I had a good time keeping up and adding to their insanely loud throttle noise.

On my return I saw a really nice white Nissan Silvia - I was tempted to turn around and go out again but decided to head back. I did stop for a break when I was out and I just couldn't help look back at the car to see her shining and run my hand over the smooth bodywork. Even when I parked up on the drive I just sat there enjoying the moments of the afternoon -

What are us blokes like?!

_Al_
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 7

Re: Cool but sunny Sunday

Post by _Al_ »

Sounds a lot like a run I had with my old rev 2 turbo around the IOW.

Got any pictures? :)
Red 92 turbo tintop JDM
White 95 turbo tintop JDM (Nov '11 Show&Shine Winner)
Red 97 NA tintop JDM
Blue 95 tubby tintop JDM
Mica 96 NA T-bar UK
Red 96 UK NA
Red 97 NA tintop JDM

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “The Spirited Driving Chronicles”