Not so much spirited

For all your MR2 adventures
Please remember that racing on the public highway is both dangerous and illegal.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 3 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Goit

Not so much spirited

Post by Goit »

but more 'oops!'

Haven't driven a rear wheel drive in well over 10 years, first day driving my 02 mk3 and I take a right turn a bit too 'briskly'.

The back end kicked out and I had to punch it a bit to bring it back in - much to the bemusement of the line of traffic and pedestrians on the pavement. I'm sure I saw a wee old woman mouthing '"censored"' whilst shaking her head from side to side.

:blush:

gavsdavs
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Not so much spirited

Post by gavsdavs »

If the back end is kicking out without deliberate provocation - either your car is a bit broken (tyres, alignment, etc), or you're driving clumsy.
Take it easy or you'll end up backwards into a wall.

Topic author
Goit

Re: Not so much spirited

Post by Goit »

It was a bit greasy on the road and the turn had a bit of gradient - pretty sure it was clumsy driving :) wasn't crazy, just looked a bit nobbish. but worth noting, I'll check out the back end in a bit more detail.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 3 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “The Spirited Driving Chronicles”