Paul Walker Tribute Event - Saturday 18th January 2014

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
stuMR2lee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

Paul Walker Tribute Event - Saturday 18th January 2014

Post by stuMR2lee »

Thought I'd start a thread for those intending on going to this. Have a read on the Facebook page.

Over 3,000 cars are going with many car clubs represented. Location to be confirmed shortly. It was originally going to be around Stevenage area I think although the numbers attending has forced a rethink.

https://www.facebook.com/events/7091972 ... l_activity

For those not on Facebook, from the organisers 'Royston Modified Car Community':

"IM SURE YOU HAVE ALL HEARD OF THE SAD DEATH OF THE LEGEND THAT IS PAUL WALKER ALONGSIDE FORMER RACE CAR DRIVER ROGER RODAS

Im actually really gutted to hear Paul walker has died aka Brian o'conner from the fast and furious films.

he was like a idol to me, the only way I can describe it is how all these royalists must have felt when lady Dianna died.

We have set up this remembrance cruise in his honour as I think it's important because every person in the car scene has probably been influenced by him at some point

Please spread the word and invite everyone you know in the car scene

We will hold 1 min silence followed by a beep of a horn and then everyone is invited to rev there cars / bikes and make a little noise just the way paul walker / brian oconner would have liked

there will have donation buckets on the night and all money aised will be paid through his registered charity r.o.w.w / reach out world wide: http://www.roww.org/

we will also have some paul walker decals for sale on the night and all profits are going to the same cause

i would like this to be something all clubs get involved in including those that dont even always see eye to eye... lifes to short, time to bury those hatchets and show we are all in the car scene for the same thing.... our love for cars :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEAM ICE WILL BE DOWN PLAYING FAST AND FURIOUS MUSIC ALL NIGHT WITH SOME OF THE BEST AUDIO CARS IN THE UK SCENE"

Start time 8pm. Lots of convoys from different areas. If anyone can help with club banners etc. that would be great. MR2OC is on the list of clubs attending.

Edited to remove list for now.
Last edited by stuMR2lee on 07/12/13 12:43, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Date change of event

goreden
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5

Paul Walker Tribute Cruise

Post by goreden »

Would be definately interested depending where abouts?
1990 rev1 mk2 3s-ge (SOLD)
1993 rev2 mk2 3s-gte (R.I.P)
1991 rev1 mk2 3s-ge G-limited T-bar (SOLD)
1991 rev1 mk2 3vz-fe V6 (SOLD)
1991 rev1 mk2 1mz-fe V6

oddshoes
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16

Re: Paul Walker Tribute Cruise

Post by oddshoes »

Both me and Laura are thinking about coming to this as neither of us have been to a cruise before and also it only just up the road from me. We might be in one car or in each of our own roadsters.
Current - modified 265bhp PFL MR-S in Gulf Livery

Previous - Rev1 turbo, Rev3 turbo, Rev5, Rev3 V6, PFL Roadster

Topic author
stuMR2lee

Post by stuMR2lee »

Thanks Dave, Laura, & Goreden. I'll update this thread when they decide on a venue as I don't think people will put definite names down until we know.

Pav677

Post by Pav677 »

If it wasn't so far away I'd put my name down.

chaos19810
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by chaos19810 »

If I'm up and running then I'll be there just waiting on the machine shop
Mr2 G limited (gt-s engine) broken but fun
Mr2 uk 156 bhp - in bits
Mr2 gt 170bhp - with the parents
http://mr2turbo.wordpress.com/
If its broken hit it with a hammer if its still broken get a bigger hammer

Topic author
stuMR2lee

Post by stuMR2lee »

As I said before we can't really make any firm attendance decisions until we know the venue and what's planned. Nobody wants a massive traffic jam! I thought it was a cruise but it seems to be turning into a massive meet. Watching with interest.

MRturboTom
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 9

Post by MRturboTom »

I put a maybe on fb atm. I'm sure police are going to be hot on this
'94 Mk2 Rev 3 GT-S 295 fwhp @1.2 bar
'93 Mk2 Rev 2 GT-S 296 fwbhp @ 0.9bar

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16

Post by TonyleFrog »

That's a given imo. There is some ongoing discussion on the other thread.
http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/134/159884.html?start=56
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

N52

Post by N52 »

I'm definately going but with a seperate convoy.

I'll be in a black rev 5 hard top

Johnr32

Post by Johnr32 »

Would love to go but depends on location really.

andyroo
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 15

Post by andyroo »

update:
Royston-modified Car-community
OK PEEPS A QUICK UPDATE - PLEASE READ

I THINK YOU CAN ALL CLEARLY SEE THAT THIS EVENT IS NOT GOING TO FIT INTO ANY RETAIL PARKS

WE RE CURRENTLY IN TALKS WITH A FEW OF THE BIG AIRFIELDS AND RACE CIRCUITS THAT DO HAVE THE SPACE TO PARK THE AMOUNT OF US WHO WANT TO SHOW OUR RESPECTS TO PAUL

THE THING IS THESE PLACES DONT COME CHEAP IN THE SLIGHTEST AS I'm SURE YOU ARE ALL AWARE AND THEY WANT PAYMENT UPFRONT

I THINK THE BEST WAY FOR US TO BE ABLE TO PULL THIS EVENT OFF IS TO MOVE THE DATE INTO THE FUTURE (JAN / FEB TIME) TO ALLOW US TIME TO ARRANGE THE EVENT CORRECTLY / ARRANGE A DATE WITH THE POSSIBLE VENUES WE ARE IN TALKS WITH AND GET ALL THE PEOPLE WE WANT ON BOARD FROM THE MEDIA ETC

WE WILL HAVE A SET ENTRANCE FEE PER PERSON TO COVER THE COST OF THE HIRING OF THE VENUE.... THIS WOULD COVER YOU TO GET INTO THE EVENT AND IF WE MANAGE TO RAISE MORE THAN NEEDED TO COVER VENUE COSTS THEN OBVIOUSLY THIS WOULD BE DONATED BACK INTO PAULS REACH OUT WORLD WIDE CHARITY AS WE ARE NOT DOING THIS TO MAKE ANY FINANCIAL GAIN ATAL, THIS WHOLE EVENT IS ABOUT THE EFFECT PAUL AND HIS THE WAY HIS DEATH HAS AFFECTED THE UK CAR SCENE

THE WAY IT WOULD WORK IS ON A WRISTBAND BASIS, YOU BUY YOUR WRISTBAND THROUGH PAYPAL AND WE SEND IT TO YOU, ITS A PRETTY SIMPLE WAY FOR THIS EVENT TO WORK AND BE THE BIGGEST TRIBUTE TO PAUL FROM THE UK CAR SCENE

WITH THE CORRECT PLANNING THIS COULD TURN INTO A GREAT EVENT IN A GREAT LOCATION

TICKET PRICES WILL BE £4 PER PERSON

3 SIMPLE STEPS TO GET YOUR WRISTBAND

1: BUY YOUR WRISTBAND BY PAYPAL VIA THIS EMAIL ADDRESS: [url=http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/mailto:pau ... 0gmail.com]paul.walker.tribute.uk@gmail.com (this has been set up just for these wristbands and is not used for any other purpose)

2: LEAVE A NOTE ON THERE WITH YOUR FULL POSTAL ADDRESS SO WE KNOW IT MATCHES YOUR PAYPAL ADDRESS

3: WAIT FOR YOUR WRISTBAND TO BE DELIVERED AND WE WILL SEE YOU ON THE DAY

for those of you that will comment saying that your not sure if to buy your wrist band yet as we havnt got a set location yet just think about it this way..... wherever it is in the country it will be worth the drive to be a part of the uk's biggest send of to paul walker, i myself am willing to travel to wherever we decide to hold the location weather that be 50 miles down the road from me or a 200 mile road trip and i would hope your all willing to do the same
MR2 MK3 Silver 56
Mercedes E220 2016
Lexus IS300H 2014

ShrewdPhoenix
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by ShrewdPhoenix »

This looks like a much more sensible way of doing things

Topic author
stuMR2lee

Post by stuMR2lee »

ShrewdPhoenix wrote:This looks like a much more sensible way of doing things
Agreed. Even if you don't end up going wherever & whenever it is you've only donated £4.:)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “South East”