23rd Feb Rolling Road side meet

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Emma_mr2

23rd Feb Rolling Road side meet

Post by Emma_mr2 »

Whats everyones opinion on when is good to start getting some south coast meets up and running? I know the weather isn't perfect at the moment, but we are living in England so weather can never really be counted on :)

Quick edit on this. Al is happy to merge events for those not wanting to use the RR but to meet up with other owners anyway. If you want to get on roller then add your name to the list in other thread :)
Last edited by Emma_mr2 on 20/01/13 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Re: Too early for another forest drive/meet up?

Post by topgun »

Hi Emma was thinking of doing a tunnel run in the next couple of months ,problem is people attending meets have really gone down due to the price of petrol(can't wait to get to Tenerife around 45p a ltr cheaper) so numbers are going to be well down or you might not get anyone turn up but for sure if you do one I will be there :th:

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

When are you thinking of gutted i couldnt make the last one ?
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

Topic author
Emma_mr2

Post by Emma_mr2 »

Well i have absolutely no dates in mind, gauging interest at the mo as the last one didn't get a great turn out due to weather balls-ing it up for most

Topic author
Olly.Dent

Post by Olly.Dent »

topgun wrote:Hi Emma was thinking of doing a tunnel run in the next couple of months ,problem is people attending meets have really gone down due to the price of petrol(can't wait to get to Tenerife around 45p a ltr cheaper) so numbers are going to be well down or you might not get anyone turn up but for sure if you do one I will be there :th:
That's all very well but you can drive round the whole island in 10 minutes! :rofl:

Topic author
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

From what I've seen there just isn't a meet scene around here for MR-2s. I'm always up for something provided it doesn't involve driving much out of Hampshire. But on both this and the other o/c I've never seen a meet for around the area.

Although admittedly this isn't a place I frequent much.

PeteJ
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by PeteJ »

Southampton meets used to have massive attendance.

I'd be up for coming along.
Porsche 987 Boxster S 3.4 flat 6. Dyno 298 bhp 260 lbft.
CLICKY FOR BIG PICCY!
CLICKY For MR2

badgerbob
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by badgerbob »

no longer have an mr2 to use otherwise i would be in :( , may pop by in my vxr if i dont get slated to much :zip

Topic author
Emma_mr2

Post by Emma_mr2 »

If those who would be interested in coming along for a meet would give me an idea of dates they would prefer i'll try getting the ball rolling on it, maybe set something regular up to give this area a bit of a boost when it comes to meets and new members

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Any date is good for me ,in the old days the Portsmouth/Southampton meets were always well attended sometimes in excess of 40 cars.

Topic author
Emma_mr2

Post by Emma_mr2 »

Wondering if it would be considered rude to gatecrash the rolling road Al is organising? I'm not suggesting those interested in a meet would need to put cars on the RR but it gives a chance to meet up with owners from other areas

Topic author
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

If I'm honest I wouldn't be up for that; bit of a difference between a New Forest/Southampton meet and ambling up the M3 to Surrey. Doesn't mean that it's not a good idea though, just means that I am lazy. :)

Topic author
sheep

Post by sheep »

Havnt got a mr2 yet, working on it, but as soon as i do then im 100% up for a meet in or around hampshire area.

MRturboTom
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 9

Post by MRturboTom »

If people want to meet up for the rr day it would be good. Probably drive to a watering hole after :)
'94 Mk2 Rev 3 GT-S 295 fwhp @1.2 bar
'93 Mk2 Rev 2 GT-S 296 fwbhp @ 0.9bar

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “South Central”