Guildford meet and drive

Moderator: Regional Reps


AngryLemon
Posts: 20
Joined: 05/12/13 20:14
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Guildford meet and drive

Post by AngryLemon » 20/02/14 17:06

Is this still going ahead, seeing as most of the south is under water?



User avatar

elliott
Posts: 16
Joined: 12/04/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 1
Location: Farnham, Surrey

Re: Guildford meet and drive

Post by elliott » 07/03/14 17:36

I'm keen to join in if this meet goes ahead! :th:

Think 99% of the floods have disappeared now. I live about 15 mins from the tunnel.

User avatar

TonyleFrog
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 5459
Joined: 29/07/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 5
Real Name: Three guesses!
Location: Kent
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Guildford meet and drive

Post by TonyleFrog » 08/03/14 22:32

Calling Mr2karl_tbar. :)

This event came up in conversation with Mark (Woody) at the Surrey RR day today. Now that March is here and the weather seems to have improved somewhat, are we going ahead with it? If so, we need to sort out

- date
- route(s)
- food stop(s)

Suggestions on a post card... ;)
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

User avatar

Woody928
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 989
Joined: 10/01/13 21:33
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 2
Real Name: Mark
Location: Surrey
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Guildford meet and drive

Post by Woody928 » 11/03/14 19:36

TonyleFrog wrote:Calling Mr2karl_tbar. :)

This event came up in conversation with Mark (Woody) at the Surrey RR day today. Now that March is here and the weather seems to have improved somewhat, are we going ahead with it? If so, we need to sort out

- date
- route(s)
- food stop(s)

Suggestions on a post card... ;)
Bump... Is this to go ahead Mr2karl_tbar?

The weather is picking up now, start of next month could be a good time to do this :th:
Rev3 JDM GTS Turbo 268.6bhp 262ftlb 0.9bar (Current Toy)
Rev4 UK GT T-BAR (Still in the family)

Image

User avatar

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3737
Joined: 17/05/04 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1
Location: Glenrothes: The Kingdom of Fife
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Guildford meet and drive

Post by jimi » 12/03/14 10:39

Woody928 wrote:
TonyleFrog wrote:Calling Mr2karl_tbar. :)

This event came up in conversation with Mark (Woody) at the Surrey RR day today. Now that March is here and the weather seems to have improved somewhat, are we going ahead with it? If so, we need to sort out

- date
- route(s)
- food stop(s)

Suggestions on a post card... ;)
Bump... Is this to go ahead Mr2karl_tbar?

:
He seems to have gone AWOL from all the forums, so I wouldn't rely on getting an answer :no:
I'd suggest someone else picks up the reins if you want this one to go ahead ;)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour
Image

User avatar

TonyleFrog
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 5459
Joined: 29/07/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 5
Real Name: Three guesses!
Location: Kent
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Guildford meet and drive

Post by TonyleFrog » 12/03/14 13:03

Thanks for the update jimi. That's twice he's set the hare running and left the dog track. :facepalm:

I'm happy to step into the breach (again!). However, things have changed markedly since last weekend. I now have only one date free between now and the end of April!

Sunday 30th March.

To get this off the ground it would help to have some feedback please. Choices are:

(a) Morning (09.45) meet -> drive -> pub lunch
(b) Meet (12.30) -> pub lunch -> afternoon drive
(c) No preference either way

Which pub and finish point will depend on whether we end up doing (a) or (b), so I need to know your preference, if you have one, asap please.

Cut & paste the list below then add your name in the usual way.

1. TLF (c)
2.
3.
4.
5.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

User avatar

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3737
Joined: 17/05/04 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1
Location: Glenrothes: The Kingdom of Fife
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Guildford meet and drive

Post by jimi » 12/03/14 13:14

For the best I think Tony, his last post on here was the 3rd of Feb, his last visit was 1st March .......
Thanks for stepping up (again) I'm sure you'll do a top quality job as usual :th:
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour
Image

User avatar

elliott
Posts: 16
Joined: 12/04/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 1
Location: Farnham, Surrey

Re: Guildford meet and drive

Post by elliott » 12/03/14 13:52

Will confirm with work and pop my name on the list tomorrow. ;)

Not much of a morning person so think lunch time maybe better. (However not too fussed either)

Nice one for taking over Tony. :th:

User avatar

Woody928
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 989
Joined: 10/01/13 21:33
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 2
Real Name: Mark
Location: Surrey
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Guildford meet and drive

Post by Woody928 » 12/03/14 15:50

TonyleFrog wrote:Thanks for the update jimi. That's twice he's set the hare running and left the dog track. :facepalm:

I'm happy to step into the breach (again!). However, things have changed markedly since last weekend. I now have only one date free between now and the end of April!

Sunday 30th March.

To get this off the ground it would help to have some feedback please. Choices are:

(a) Morning (09.45) meet -> drive -> pub lunch
(b) Meet (12.30) -> pub lunch -> afternoon drive
(c) No preference either way

Which pub and finish point will depend on whether we end up doing (a) or (b), so I need to know your preference, if you have one, asap please.

Cut & paste the list below then add your name in the usual way.

1. TLF (c)
2.
3.
4.
5.
Glad someone has taken control of this! :th:

Unfortunately I am busy that weekend attending Goodwood 72nd members meeting all weekend :facepalm: . If that date is final? then I will have to bow out, enjoy.
Rev3 JDM GTS Turbo 268.6bhp 262ftlb 0.9bar (Current Toy)
Rev4 UK GT T-BAR (Still in the family)

Image


Chris_D
Posts: 270
Joined: 12/05/13 21:40
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Guildford meet and drive

Post by Chris_D » 12/03/14 16:55

1. TLF (c)
2. Chris_D prefer afternoon as an hour and a half drive to get there, but can do either if need be.
3.
4.
5.


Cillit Bang
Posts: 1
Joined: 09/03/14 22:10
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
Location: Fareham, Hampshire

Re: Guildford meet and drive

Post by Cillit Bang » 12/03/14 20:27

Totally wirh Mikey on this one. Another freshy here, waiting for an opportunity to get on the road with a few other 2's and talk some shop and do some comparing and contrasting.

User avatar

elliott
Posts: 16
Joined: 12/04/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 1
Location: Farnham, Surrey

Re: Guildford meet and drive

Post by elliott » 19/03/14 23:14

Apologies for my delay guys.

Sadly I'm struggling to get out of work on the 30th. Will keep my eyes peeled should the date change. :blush:

User avatar

TonyleFrog
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 5459
Joined: 29/07/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 5
Real Name: Three guesses!
Location: Kent
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Guildford meet and drive

Post by TonyleFrog » 19/03/14 23:53

elliott wrote:Apologies for my delay guys.

Sadly I'm struggling to get out of work on the 30th. Will keep my eyes peeled should the date change. :blush:
Fair enough.

At this point I need to mention that West Surrey/Hampshire are quite some distance from me. I'm quite happy to do the necessary if there is a decent take up but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. To date only one person has confirmed they will be attending and expressed a preference (morning or afternoon run).

I don't wish to be a killjoy but that's nowhere near enough support for me to devote the time to plan a route and make arrangements with whichever pub we will be eating at (it will differ depending on whether the run comes first or afterwards). I need a minimum of 5 confirmed attendees by midday on Monday 24th otherwise I'm going to have to pull the plug.

As I said earlier Sunday 30th March is the only date I have free for several weeks. If people would prefer a different one someone else will have to take over the reins. The ball is now in your court folks.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

User avatar

Woody928
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 989
Joined: 10/01/13 21:33
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 2
Real Name: Mark
Location: Surrey
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Guildford meet and drive

Post by Woody928 » 20/03/14 22:28

TonyleFrog wrote:
elliott wrote:Apologies for my delay guys.

Sadly I'm struggling to get out of work on the 30th. Will keep my eyes peeled should the date change. :blush:
Fair enough.

At this point I need to mention that West Surrey/Hampshire are quite some distance from me. I'm quite happy to do the necessary if there is a decent take up but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. To date only one person has confirmed they will be attending and expressed a preference (morning or afternoon run).

I don't wish to be a killjoy but that's nowhere near enough support for me to devote the time to plan a route and make arrangements with whichever pub we will be eating at (it will differ depending on whether the run comes first or afterwards). I need a minimum of 5 confirmed attendees by midday on Monday 24th otherwise I'm going to have to pull the plug.

As I said earlier Sunday 30th March is the only date I have free for several weeks. If people would prefer a different one someone else will have to take over the reins. The ball is now in your court folks.
Sounds fair to me Tony, as said I won't be able to do that date and don't have the knowledge of the area to organise a run myself. I would personally suggest pulling the plug and try this again in a couple of months when the wether will be even better and hopefully people will have the time to commit to this...
Rev3 JDM GTS Turbo 268.6bhp 262ftlb 0.9bar (Current Toy)
Rev4 UK GT T-BAR (Still in the family)

Image

Post Reply

Return to “South Central”