Members around bury st edmunds

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
chaos19810
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 3

Members around bury st edmunds

Post by chaos19810 »

Hello, I was just wondering how many people live around bury st Edmunds I don't seem to see many 2's around this way

Mr2 G limited (gt-s engine) broken but fun
Mr2 uk 156 bhp - in bits
Mr2 gt 170bhp - with the parents
http://mr2turbo.wordpress.com/
If its broken hit it with a hammer if its still broken get a bigger hammer

shippy666

Re: Members around bury st edmunds

Post by shippy666 »

chaos19810 wrote:Hello, I was just wondering how many people live around bury st Edmunds I don't seem to see many 2's around this way
hello mate im from the newmarket area,im starting my new job next week in bury so you might see me about!! L Plate rev3 mk2 in red with black alloys (import) :th:

Topic author
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

That's cool I'm in a black rev2 import g-limited with a japspeed exhaust and rev2 turbo conversion of you want a mini meet let me know!
Mr2 uk 156 bhp - in bits

shippy666

Post by shippy666 »

are you going sunday?

Topic author
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

I'll nip up for a quick hello for an hour or so, there was two cars last time but I'm kean to meet people to talk cars
Mr2 uk 156 bhp - in bits

M.R.2

Post by M.R.2 »

Hi people

Im around the bury area i have a purple azure blue 2, i think ive seen a black one around bury.

By the way where do you peeps go to service your 2's?

Topic author
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

I have a black MR2 its of the road at the moment im rebuilding the engine, ive decided to do as much servicing as i can myself after a few issues with local garages. There is nathans at mrtwos in warsal and pacific works (not sure where it is)
Mr2 uk 156 bhp - in bits

M.R.2

Post by M.R.2 »

chaos19810 wrote:I have a black MR2 its of the road at the moment im rebuilding the engine, ive decided to do as much servicing as i can myself after a few issues with local garages. There is nathans at mrtwos in warsal and pacific works (not sure where it is)
Oh right well good luck with that, im not that way minded to be honest. Ive had issues aswell my steering is terrible had wheels balanced tracking done 2 months ago. The steering makes a loud clicking sound when steering heavy in car parks then when you drive down the road it pulls to that side. But garages say its fine its like your fighting a losing battle!

stuMR2lee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by stuMR2lee »

M.R.2 wrote:Oh right well good luck with that, im not that way minded to be honest. Ive had issues aswell my steering is terrible had wheels balanced tracking done 2 months ago. The steering makes a loud clicking sound when steering heavy in car parks then when you drive down the road it pulls to that side. But garages say its fine its like your fighting a losing battle!
Had very similar issues with my car. Turned out it was the passenger side brake caliper pistons not retracting very well & stuck sliders. Drivers side had a recent refurbed caliper. I refurbished the stuck caliper (Biggred kit) and all good now. Also check your brake sliders for good movement. Unfortunately some mechanics insist on using copper grease which goes hard overtime and they stick solid. A combination of these things, particularly if it effects one side more than the other, can cause the wheel wobble/vibration/steering issue. This is just from my experience of these brakes but worth a check of yours if not already ruled out.

ro8

Post by ro8 »

Thought I would drag this post up as I live relatively close to bury (45mins) in Framlingham. Maybe we could organise a meet with lunch at a pub somewhere. Anyone interested? If so let me know ideas on good places.

baileydom

Post by baileydom »

I'm just north of colchester so not too far away buddy!!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

ro8

Post by ro8 »

So thinking Ipswich might not be a bad place to meet if we get interest? The Orwell truck stop do half decent food and loads of room for cars.

baileydom

Post by baileydom »

Aye why not.there are a couple of us in north Essex so can be arranged.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

stuMR2lee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by stuMR2lee »

Yep. Count me in. Ipswich is good for me. Stu

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Norwich / East Anglia”