What's happened to the ECP?

A place to post Monthly meets, mini meets or any social events.

Moderators: Ripley, toymr2

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
splatadoo

What's happened to the ECP?

Post by splatadoo »

As above ^^^ what's happened? where is everyone.....

makes me sad :bye:

toymr2

Re: What's happened to the ECP?

Post by toymr2 »

I am still around :D ,but for the last few months really busy with work and family stuff,but now the longer nights have come around again I hope to restart the evening mini meets and after the winter break, Ann and I hope to rebuild the monthly meets - however we need your support :)

Topic author
splatadoo

Post by splatadoo »

toymr2 wrote:I am still around :D ,but for the last few months really busy with work and family stuff,but now the longer nights have come around again I hope to restart the evening mini meets and after the winter break, Ann and I hope to rebuild the monthly meets - however we need your support :)
I'd be REALLY worried if you weren't around Peter :)

I only just realised that I hadn't heard of or seen any of the others :confused1:

I'm sure they'll rear their ugly heads at some point :cheeky:

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

I'm still here :) I was over at the Ocean terminal meet last week :cool1:
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
manta5

Post by manta5 »

Hi guy's.

hope you are all well :th:

sorry not to have been in touch,been a hetic 8 months,lost job, sold the flats,homeless for 2 months

but!

we moved into a new house a month ago,along with about 8 van loads of the mr2 spares lol. got another job as a driver for stagecoach so been in training since january.passed my pcv and modules 3 and 4 to be a coach driver.dam hard work but all going well on the job front.
the last time the 2 turned a wheel was about september 2011.hope to put that right in the next couple of months and get along to a few meets.

mantapops was just talking about the meets we used to have at dundee, good times were had up there. he was saying we could start them again as the "hospital" at his garage as the house we have bought is next door so all the spares will be to hand.yes???no???

i'm going to be busy for the next few weeks trying to get the garages sorted so we end up with a workshop in one and storage for all the parts in the other.i have sockets and lights to fit this week,most of the spares are already sorted and shelved and that will finish the storage one.

remember guy's, the kettles never cold at the hospital feel free to come along

hope to see you all soon

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Hi Lee
Wondered where you've been hiding :) you know me, I'm always up for a hospital meet if I'm home, just give me a shout :th: Heard anything from Tam ?
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

toymr2

Post by toymr2 »

I an defiantly up for it,especially the fish supper runs :D
Lee you got a spare 17" wheel & tyre I can buy/borrow?

Topic author
manta5

Post by manta5 »

jimi wrote:Hi Lee
Wondered where you've been hiding :) you know me, I'm always up for a hospital meet if I'm home, just give me a shout :th: Heard anything from Tam ?
tams doing away ok,he was along helping us with the move (thank you again mate) tams turbo has got a gear problem and still got the oil leak but he thinks it's the driveshaft seals. :sad:

ellis is now manager of the vine and monkey in fofar,busy man as per the norm lol.think the head casket is away on his :sad:

mine is awaiting a sump,wheel bearing and a repair to the sill :crybaby:

peter.
my dad has a set of multi fit 17s that he is selling with nearly new tyres, for the price of the tyres,

Topic author
splatadoo

Post by splatadoo »

manta5 wrote:
jimi wrote:Hi Lee
tams doing away ok,he was along helping us with the move (thank you again mate) tams turbo has got a gear problem and still got the oil leak but he thinks it's the driveshaft seals. :sad:

ellis is now manager of the vine and monkey in fofar,busy man as per the norm lol.think the head casket is away on his :sad:

mine is awaiting a sump,wheel bearing and a repair to the sill :crybaby:

peter.
my dad has a set of multi fit 17s that he is selling with nearly new tyres, for the price of the tyres,
Tam and I can do our driveshaft seals together :annoyed:

HG in Ellis's car I cant really help with - unless he wants an engine dropping out an a new one in :th:

I have a sump for a rev 3 na that is waiting to be donated to an ecp car ;)

I'd be well up for some hospital meets :yahoo:

Topic author
manta5

Post by manta5 »

hi guys

andy. are you still looking for a rad? . i found one last week when i was sorting the spares out. i think it was the one from ellis's white one i broke. is there a dingbro near you mate,i can get it sent up via dingbro if that's anygood to you mate.

jimi. would you be intrested in a wee homer?.needing a few wee electrical bits done in the house

Topic author
manta5

Post by manta5 »

hi guy's. just a wee update.

that's the two back on the road after a front end rebuild of wheel bearings,drop links,disk guards,ball joints,track rod ends and pads.
hubs,calipers and sliders were needle blasted and painted.
abs sensor fitted.
inner arches wire brushed and undersealed.
new sump fitted.thank you again andy :clapping:
wee repair to both sills(the size of your thumb) :ranting1:
oil and oil filter
plugs
rotory arm and distributor cap
tested ht leads,all within spec
cleaned and reoiled k&n airfilter

sailed throo the mot with no advisories, apart from my mot guy telling me not to sell her lol

tam's is back on the road after a clutch change and some carbon wrapping :clapping:

me, tam and manta pop's took a wee drive up to forfar on tuesday to pull ellis out of the sheep pen and rid him of his wellies to replace a drop link(sorry mate :facepalm: ) free off a caliper,fit pads and fix his radiator. passed the mot next day with no advisories :yahoo:

i smell a mini meet :clapping:
ecp

Topic author
splatadoo

Post by splatadoo »

manta5 wrote: i smell a mini meet :clapping:
ecp
And a sept monthly meet???

I'm glad you guys have all got your cars back, Its been quiet without you's. :th:

also http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/51/152999.html *ahem*

we just need to get Peter sorted out with another '2 now.

well done on getting the cars back on the road guys :th:

Fish Suppers all round :laughing

Topic author
manta5

Post by manta5 »

problem i have with meets now andy is i only find out what i am working on a fri to for seven days.hopefully to be sorted soon tho lol

Topic author
splatadoo

Post by splatadoo »

Cant manage a mini meet next week as im on lates, how about we try for one on wed 5th? tues and thurs are both out for me now that im back playing volleyball :)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Scotland”