23rd September - Day out - Museum of flight

A place to post Monthly meets, mini meets or any social events.

Moderators: Ripley, toymr2

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

splatadoo

Re: 23rd September - Day out - Museum of flight

Post by splatadoo »

garboy wrote:Was looking forward to comming to the day out at the mmuseum of flight but my car's just gotten it's self very very sick :sad: :crybaby: the big end have just let go.
So anyone know of anybody with a spare engine at a good price please let me know. :sad: :bye:

if its a rev 3+ then pm me a list of parts :th:

splatadoo

Post by splatadoo »

If anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to put together some spec sheets for displaying in/beside our motors for this event.

:th:

Topic author
Ripley
Years of MR2 Ownership: 22
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Ripley »

Ok Guys I have the wrist bands required for our entry to the show ground. We have to be in for 9.30am at the very latest. I propose we all meet up somewhere and convoy in.
We'll be coming from Perth direction and onto the City Bypass. thosb10 will be coming via the M 8 and on to the City Bypass.
Andy, do you want to meet somewhere before we hit the outskirts of Edinburgh.?

Stu pot I see your location is Edinburgh so you'll know the area also.
Alan, do you somewhere easy where we could all meet up to convoy through to the venue?

http://www.nms.ac.uk/our_museums/museum ... nd_us.aspx

Save the bunnies!

splatadoo

Post by splatadoo »

Ripley wrote:Ok Guys I have the wrist bands required for our entry to the show ground. We have to be in for 9.30am at the very latest. I propose we all meet up somewhere and convoy in.
We'll be coming from Perth direction and onto the City Bypass. thosb10 will be coming via the m 8 and on to the City Bypass.
Andy, do you want to meet somewhere before we hit the outskirts of Edinburgh.?

Stu pot I see your location is Edinburgh so you'll know the area also.
Alan, do you somewhere easy where we could all meet up to convoy through to the venue?

http://www.nms.ac.uk/our_museums/museum ... nd_us.aspx
depending on which way you are going Ann, we could meet you at Perth or Kinross (or anywhere else :laughing )

Cant wait for this now, been spending some time trying to iron out a few issues (suspension and bodywork where there were a few scuffs etc) :D

Back on the Spec sheets.... I'm going to be a geek and make one up for my car and I'm super happy to do them for everyone but I'll need to get started on them soon..... does anyone else want one doing????? :th:

Topic author
Ripley

Post by Ripley »

splatadoo wrote:If anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to put together some spec sheets for displaying in/beside our motors for this event.

Hey Andy, missed this post :blush: . I'd be happy for you to do one for Lui. I can fire some details off to you over the weekend if thats ok?

Re the meet up, either Perth or Kinross is fine. It'll need to be early though :rolleyes:

Save the bunnies!

splatadoo

Post by splatadoo »

Ripley wrote:
splatadoo wrote:If anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to put together some spec sheets for displaying in/beside our motors for this event.

Hey Andy, missed this post :blush: . I'd be happy for you to do one for Lui. I can fire some details off to you over the weekend if thats ok?

Re the meet up, either Perth or Kinross is fine. It'll need to be early though :rolleyes:
Sounds good to me, I'll get it mocked up and send it to you for final approval sometime next week :)

Erm I will come down past Perth and Kinross so I can do which ever is easiest for you :D

Im playing Volleyball down in Kilmarnock on the Saturday and wont be home till quite late I imagine, so you'll all have to excuse me if im going about with my eyes shut :yawn: :laughing

Topic author
Ripley

Post by Ripley »

Andy, you know you are welcome to stay here if it saves you some miles. Just let me know. If not how about we meet at the usual Broxden at 7.30am. That will give us time to meet up with the others somewhere along the route and get there for about 9am ish.

Save the bunnies!

splatadoo

Post by splatadoo »

Ripley wrote:Andy, you know you are welcome to stay here if it saves you some miles. Just let me know. If not how about we meet at the usual Broxden at 7.30am. That will give us time to meet up with the others somewhere along the route and get there for about 9am ish.

Thanks for the offer Ann, Its really appreciated but i need to come back up the road as I have a party to make an appearance at aswell on the sat night and I also need to come back up the road for Leonie. Busy weekend :laughing

Half 7 at Broxden sounds good to me :th:

andy

mrrlal

Post by mrrlal »

hi Ann sorry not been on for ages there's a few places we can meet up along way easiest for all would probably be airport park and ride or at Wallyford which is just after you turn onto a1there's a big long straight just there we can park along and wait.

splatadoo

Post by splatadoo »

Alan.... see my post re spec sheets..... im more than happy to make them up for everyone but i will need info asap - got a busy little week ahead of me here :(

Topic author
Ripley

Post by Ripley »

mrrlal wrote:hi Ann sorry not been on for ages there's a few places we can meet up along way easiest for all would probably be airport park and ride or at Wallyford which is just after you turn onto a1there's a big long straight just there we can park along and wait.
Sorry guys been busy with a houseful of visitors at the weekend. Only just recovering. Alan, that sounds good. I'll phone thosb10 to confirm. Andy and I will be in convoy so will meet you at the layby. I have your mobile number anyway incase of any probs.

Andy, apologies for not getting that info off to you for Lui. I can send it tonight or just make up a standard one again if its not too late.

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday. Hope the weather picks up for the picnic/BBQ :th:

Save the bunnies!

mrrlal

Post by mrrlal »

ok ann
will meet at wallyford just take first exit on a1 up slip road and turn left i will be waiting there from about 8;15 if anyone coming from livi/glasow area will meet at lizzie bryce petrol station at 7.30 for 7;45 dep

Topic author
Ripley

Post by Ripley »

mrrlal wrote:ok ann
will meet at wallyford just take first exit on a1 up slip road and turn left i will be waiting there from about 8;15 if anyone coming from livi/glasow area will meet at lizzie bryce petrol station at 7.30 for 7;45 dep
Great stuff Alan. See you there :th:

Save the bunnies!

Topic author
Ripley

Post by Ripley »

Looks like a good forecast for Sunday folks so will get the sausages tomorrow for the BBQ :th:

Stupot, if you're reading this can you confirm you are still attending.

Save the bunnies!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Scotland”