Who Are You And Where Are You

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 15 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

lbeddowscbr

Re: Who Are You And Where Are You

Post by lbeddowscbr »

Lee originaly from Warrington, now living in York.

kilowatt

Post by kilowatt »

Hi, im Val from Sheffield. Bought another 2 after a few years of absence, im back and loving it!

deano32hil

Post by deano32hil »

Hi I am Dean from York, new to the club and a complete novice. I bought a not so bright red rev3 last month for my 40th. When I was a wee boy I always wanted one and never quite got round to owning one so now they are becoming popular again (a future classic so people keep telling me?) I took the plunge and bought one. Looked at at few and got one for the right price (£1500). Its done 117k and is UK spec. Had a few surprises since owning it but I guess thats to be expected for a 19 year old car. Issues so far are:
-Stereo had been replaced by after market so took it all apart, found the wiring had been terribly butchered and original speakers have pretty much had it so uprgraded all speakers including tweeters and installed a pioneer double din unit. Had a but of a mission to get it in the space but after alot of grinding and filing it looks and sound great now.
-Red paint covered by horrible red polish! After a week of owning it it started to turn a horrible misty pink colour! I panicked and thought oh on what have I bought? Thankfully I had the sense to T-cut and polish the bonnet and what a transformation! Done rest of car now and thankfully the paint isn't any where near as bad as it looked and it's now a lovely red.
-Rust! 2 bits on either side of top of windscreen. If anyone knows some body who could do a smart repair please let me know? The sills between the wheels are now bubbling so I am planning to get it up off the floor today to inspect it and see if it's only superficial. If it is the I plan to strip it back and get the metal treated before I get it painted and undersealed.
If there are any meets around this area I would love to attend!

Stealth-Steve

Post by Stealth-Steve »

^that sounds pretty harsh!

Hello! I'm Steve also in York, turned 25 this month and after a few years wanting one since insurance dropped pretty much on my birthday i'm looking, but I've decided it has to be an NA Tbar, ideally Rev 2/3.

(viewed 2 which were really tidy, and only a couple hundred quid but were sold before sale was completed so anyone knows of one...)

Looking forward to getting one and meeting a few people. :th:

Joe2991

Post by Joe2991 »

Hi im from East Yorkshire can people let me know when there are any meets in or around East Yorkshire because I would like to go Cheers

waynowiggle
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by waynowiggle »

Hi Joe

I am also in East Yorkshire (Brough) and am looking to make a few meets this year when I finally get my mk2 back on the road hopefully next month.

Where abouts are you based in East Yorkshire ?

Wayne

lamby27

Post by lamby27 »

hi im matthew orignally from a village outside hull now living in the city, whos coming to hull motor show in august?? :)

sprento

Post by sprento »

There's a little place just outside of Yorkshire called Glasgow. I'm Paul and I'm on the door most nights in Maggie Mays. Outskirts of Yorkshire, not too far tho.

EvilPanda

Post by EvilPanda »

Ricky from Bradford

EvilPanda

Post by EvilPanda »

Hi from God forgotten place called Bradford

EvilPanda

Post by EvilPanda »

Ricky from Bradford. I think we need to make a meet somewhere around Leeds or something. Would be nice to meet active mr2 local enthusiast

andyh1964
MR2's Owned: 0

Post by andyh1964 »

Hi all, I'm Andy from Guisborough near Middlesbrough

Eddmet
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Eddmet »

I'm in York and have a rev 1 mk2

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 15 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Yorkshire/North East”