Ideas and suggestions for future North east meets!

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
L33_ETH
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Ideas and suggestions for future North east meets!

Post by L33_ETH »

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to ask everyones opiminions and ideas on where we could go and what we could do at future meets.

The ones at the xscape have been going really well but I thought that we could get a real plan of action going and organise some long term stuff for places to have a drive out to etc.

Would be nice to be able to say, In August weve got so and so organised, in September we have....... etc etc instead of it being a bit on a limb each time we meet

Please remember that although Im this regions coordinator I dont have all the ideas, its up to you guys to suggest stuff so that I can put the ideas forward to everyone and the pull it all together. So your input on this thread is appreciated.

Have a think about it and either let me know your ideas on this thread or you tell me your suggestions at the meet on Saturday!

Cheers all,

Lee
Last edited by L33_ETH on 06/07/06 20:18, edited 1 time in total.

No more Turbo fun :(

lukieboy

Re: Ideas and suggestions for the next meet

Post by lukieboy »

Okay, What about something like Paintballing?

There's a place at Scunthorpe (Messingham) which is pretty good or there one near me at Bawtry (bit expensive tho)

Just an idea. Then again we could go for a day out to the coast (Skegness, mablethorpe, cleethorpes) etc somat like that.

I'll see what else i can come up with

Topic author
L33_ETH

Post by L33_ETH »

A while ago I mentione going paintballing and go-carting. For both and a meal it was something like £45 which I thought was a really good price. Full day too :D

smokie

Post by smokie »

What about an 'MR2OC' only day at Alton Towers !!
:lol:

Topic author
L33_ETH

Post by L33_ETH »

smokie wrote:What about an 'MR2OC' only day at Alton Towers !!
:lol:
Cracking idea!!!!! Will discuss further on Saturday!!! :D

lukieboy

Re: Ideas and suggestions for future North east meets!

Post by lukieboy »

Well i tried to arrange Alton towers for the other day, got no interest. It'll be no good going this time of year anyway as all the kids are off school.
But we can discuss it on Saturday

kirsty

Post by kirsty »

Maybe plan it for a weekend or if it's a week day give a lot of notice - most members work weekdays I think. I'd have been interested had it been a date I could have got time off.
Definitely a good idea though - we had such a laugh on the dodgems and wierd ride at Japshow! :D

lukieboy

Post by lukieboy »

Well i went mid week last thursday and it waspacked then, queing for upto 80minutes for rides like Rita and upto 60 for Air.
If you go on a weekend it'll be Packed!

Best time is Midweek and the beginning or end of the season March or October time

kirsty

Post by kirsty »

I agree with that, just mean that if it is arranged for a week day then I'd guess most members would need at least four weeks to be able to book the day of work.

lukieboy

Post by lukieboy »

Yeah, i suppose. Well probably the best bet is to organise somat (if it is Alton Tower's) for Mid Week and, like you said, do it a couple of months in advance. Problem with that is, (as when ive tried arranging things) people arnt reliable. They say Yeah then when it comes to it, they cant make it.
I can understand how hard it is for Organisers to arrange events and things.
Not easy.

smokie

Post by smokie »

My suggestion for Alton Towers was a little tongue in cheek re the recent 'muslim' only day there ! Doubt they'd have a day just for us 'special ones'. As we are the Yorkshire members shoudnt we be going to Flamingo Land ?
see you in th morning guys
Smokie

Topic author
L33_ETH

Post by L33_ETH »

smokie wrote:My suggestion for Alton Towers was a little tongue in cheek re the recent 'muslim' only day there ! Doubt they'd have a day just for us 'special ones'. As we are the Yorkshire members shoudnt we be going to Flamingo Land ?
see you in th morning guys
Smokie
Flamingo land is a bit "tame" though isnt it??!!

I cant beleive that Alton towers did a muslim only day! People talk about discrimination......................... Oh I wont go on about it as its not the time or place! :roll:

Keep em comin!!

slider

Post by slider »

what about every one buys a different upgraded part for my turbo and then meet up some place and fit them all to my car its got i/c bov custom exhaust some hoses cusco braces and induction already so if you sort out between ya selfs who wants to buy what and when you all want to fit it then let me no n il be there.lmao......................what you think lee aka slider

Topic author
L33_ETH

Post by L33_ETH »

slider wrote:what about every one buys a different upgraded part for my turbo and then meet up some place and fit them all to my car its got i/c bov custom exhaust some hoses cusco braces and induction already so if you sort out between ya selfs who wants to buy what and when you all want to fit it then let me no n il be there.lmao......................what you think lee aka slider
Thats a fantastic idea Lee, only mine has to be done first and you can be second on the list! :lol: :wink:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Yorkshire/North East”