Japshow 2009 Main day

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Japshow 2009 Main day

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Pics and chat of the main day in here please :D

HM

MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

rhon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Japshow 2009 Main day

Post by rhon »

What a cracking day! Thanks go to those who organised the stand...... yet again, a superb turnout!
red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

rev4turbomonster
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6

Japshow 2009 Main day

Post by rev4turbomonster »

Cher and Lisa did a fantastic job organising everything for this weekend so well done girlies. Have to say that I am looking forward to some nights without panicked phone calls about problems with generators and bits and bobs. The competitions were great as was the djing in the evening and on the sunday was a nice touch without being to much if you know what I mean (thanks lisa for not insisting on playing hardcore!!!) I think that the music was chosen well but can't believe no one had paul van dyks for an angel!!! Well done to the guys that spun the vinyl. Thanks to everyone who attended what a fantastic weekend. If anyone fancies another event pre jae, rotorstock is coming up and we could do that if you guys wanted, let me know on that one. Thanks to everyone for a truly magical weekend . Oh and final thanks to ian for burning everything possible to keep us warm on saturday night lol. Great memories roll on the next one

cheers

Matt

Topic author
Howlin_Mad

Japshow 2009 Main day

Post by Howlin_Mad »

The organisation of the stand on the day was superb (almost let down by the odd late sleeper - you KNOW who you are :rofl: )

Brilliant stand with a bit of calming music and free tea and coffee too - wow!!!

Loved the prizes and competitions too - what a great idea!

Hats off to Cher and Lisa - i'm pretty sure it will be hard to top a better organised day - it was like a mini JAE and the pair of them organised it both.

Pics to be appearing soon :D

HM

steve-mr2onlymag
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Japshow 2009 Main day

Post by steve-mr2onlymag »

Jap Show.... gotta hand it to the ladies, Cher and Lisa for the organising, and all the fella/ladies that put everything together, this has to be the best Jap Show I've been to!

Was an absolute honour to be asked to judge the best of show, and show and shine awards, having spent many hours deliberating and watch many of you polishing and preparing your MR2's I had to go and re-think our prizes, and added in a 2nd and 3rd place was tough picking the final 3, as there were some really well turned out entries, congrats to all that won!

Sorry I was'nt my usual mischevious drunken self, Sat night Lisa was in agony with her back problem, bless her, me making her drive my mk2 Turbo down, and the fact our blow up matress sprung a leak was prob a bit too much, I was also suffering with my eyes, damn hayfever, I went to check in on Lisa in our tent just before midnight, lay down, and must of nodded off, and I was barely drunk! I think it was around 5.30am when some of you guys retired to the tents!

Was quite chuffed how much interest my mk3 turbo generated on the stand today, lots of passers by having a look, commenting, some asking for a listen, I reckon there will be a few more mk3 turbos on the scene in the near future.

Finally thanks for the OC for hosting us on the stand again, making us feel very welcome, and thanks to all who bought back issues, subscribed, and generally came over just for a good old chat

Somehow I never managed to get any MR2 drag strip pics today, or run my Mk3 Like I intended, ah well, next time! :cry:

Anyway heres my photos from the weekend, sorry, I'm no VC, Tonylefrog or PeteJ, but I'm still getting to grips with the camera!

Feel free to link some on here and make comments, I'm shattered and off to bed
http://www.mr2only.com/JapShow2021stjune2009/index.html

Full report and some photos will be in issue 17, MR2 Only Magazine

Steve
www.mr2only.com
www.mr2only.com - The ONLY dedicated magazine for the MR2 enthusiast worldwide - MSN: stevebishop73@hotmail.com

sonicboost99
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 27

Re: Japshow 2009 Main day

Post by sonicboost99 »

Well after such a good day of drinking and driving (Dodgems that is) I thaught it would be hard to top. But the Sunday was even better. Top job Lisa and Cher, the stand was brilliant. It certainly got plenty of attention from visitors to the show. Unfortunately we missed the arm wrestling and part naming comps because Lisa (My Mrs) was so amazed by the drag strip and the other cars on show, we spent a fair bit of time away from the stand. The drift demo was really good aswell. I got an eyefull of burning rubber and lost a contact lense, Ouch!
The best in show was well deserved by Lezz, absolutely stunning car mate :th:
Also excellent choices on the other show and shine winners. I knew I didn't have a hope really. Still got lots of tidying up to do on mine yet, but I thaught I'd have a go anyway. (Maybe next year aye :wink: )
It's taken me 10 years to convert Lisa into a petrol head, but with your help I have succeeded. She thaught you were a lovely bunch of people and really wants to come to more shows.

Anyway without further ado here's my pics from the main day........

Terry Grant doing his stuff

A couple of Skylines on their way to the strip, I loved the artwork on the white one,Wow!

The new GTR......Yum!

This looks familiar

Very Hot Flame off!

The Drift Cars

The OC Stand

The Strip

The Star of the Show

MR2's doing their runs

Other Cars

Nice "censored"

Lisa took a real fancy to this 370Z

Japanese? ok I'll let you off this time

Fantastic weekend :th:
It's good to be home :hug:

midlifecrisis

Japshow 2009 Main day

Post by midlifecrisis »

A fantastic weekend all round and as is becomming usual after events I woke up with a lobster face this morning. Where did the sunburn come from?

Lisa and Cher - great organising.

zeppelin101

Japshow 2009 Main day

Post by zeppelin101 »

Pics from both Saturday and Sunday

show and drag pics
drift pics

Topic author
Howlin_Mad

Japshow 2009 Main day

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Top pics there Zeppelin - great camera work :th:

HM

19Luke90

Japshow 2009 Main day

Post by 19Luke90 »

What a brilliant weekend, cant wait for the next big show :D

Topic author
Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

My pics from the day..

Aftermath of the night before:

Cabby blues:

The Shin:

Ello stranger!

The stand:

Many hands....

Monkey:

Arm wrestling:

A Miffed Gaz!

Grrrrr!

Sleepy Paul:

Prizegiving:

Hope you like.

HM

Gaz!

Japshow 2009 Main day

Post by Gaz! »

Great pics mate, I wasnt miffed the right (massive) guy won.

That pic is me just about to say, F**k me he's handy!

Dannyh

Post by Dannyh »

Bloody nice pics there, and was great to see you all again :yh: :yh:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japshow Archive”