Japshow 2009 - A few thanks from me

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
lisac6317

Post by lisac6317 »

Well what can i say, a top w/end :th: Glad to see that everyone enjoyed themselves so much, makes all the hard work worth while. It took the SW lot around 5 hours to get back last night because of the F1 traffic/diversion, so after leaving at 4pm i finally walked in my door at 9pm last night absolutely shattered.

Firstly, i'd like to thank the wonderful traders who very kindly donated prizes for the competitions - gts chris, Rhon, JP4mance, Oilman, MR2 Only magazine & MR2Bitz.co.uk, you are all star's. Ade, thanks for being my 'generator' man!

A huge thanks to my gorgeous man MattRoss1313 for putting up with me speaking 'Japshow' for the last 3 months solid, helping me at the show itself, doing some awesome DJ sets & putting up with me ordering him about all w/end. You're my angel :hug:

Huge thanks to Cher for some brilliant ideas & organising, all the late night phonecalls, letting me stay round fri night so we could get sorted, sorting out my jumbled mind & everything else you've done. I had to grin to myself when i thought of us making the "censored" pig, with me stirring it & you tasting, round the huge saucepan or caudron if you like :wink: We throw a hell of a party girl :D Also thanks to Matt for supporting Cher & putting up with me.

Thanks to Steve & the MR2 Only Magazine staff, you did a brilliant job judging the competitions & thanks for donating all the prizes.

Shinny & MR2Jay - A huge huge thanks & round of applause to the OC house DJ's. You were both brilliant. Jay thanks for getting all the stuff we needed there in the MR2 in disguise, i know it was a mission for you to get there & it's very appreciated. Shinny, thanks for the awesome sets & thanks for all your help through-out the w/end - i request more hardcore next time though :wink:

RiL - Thank you so much for the loan of the kettle so that the hung-over OC lot could have theit coffee in the morning, if they hadn't have had that they wouldn't have functioned at all!

HM - Thanks for the loan of the gazebo & you're help through-out the show.

LuzieGT - Thanks for the loan of your gazebo, i hope it isn't too ripped! Thanks for the help on setting up the gazebo village.

PaulNowak - Many thanks for your help in putting up the gazebo village.

Skidz - Thanks for helping me get the stand set up on sun morning & apologies that we had to leave your poor car all lonely on the stand - hope you found your spacesaver.

Lezz - Thanks for the loan of the table, is most appreciated & i hope you enjoy your MR2 Only feature.

Gaz - Thanks for hitting that girl - i haven't laughed so much in ages :rofl:

Oddshoes - Thanks for your awesome dancing, it certainly fired everyone else up to take you on!

Finally, a huge thanks to everyone that attended, i hope that you all had a brilliant time & i hope to see you all at JAE.

Lots of love

Lisa xx

oddshoes
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by oddshoes »

Thank you to yourself and Cher the both of you you put so much time and effort into it it was well worth it and it showed, you both put on a cracking display and it was such an enjoyable show as everyone will agree I am sure. The compitetions and prizes were amazing well done for speaking to the traders and oranginzing that :th:
I look forward to the next one you do :D

Dave
Current - modified 265bhp PFL MR-S in Gulf Livery

Previous - Rev1 turbo, Rev3 turbo, Rev5, Rev3 V6, PFL Roadster

::RiL::
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4

Re: Japshow 2009 - A few thanks from me

Post by ::RiL:: »

oddshoes wrote:Thank you to yourself and Cher the both of you you put so much time and effort into it it was well worth it and it showed, you both put on a cracking display and it was such an enjoyable show as everyone will agree I am sure. The compitetions and prizes were amazing well done for speaking to the traders and oranginzing that :th:
I look forward to the next one you do :D

Dave
+1 :th: :th:

Lisa, Cher as said you both did a fantastic job :wtg:
Tony

South Central Events http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/48.html

benGT

Post by benGT »

sounds like you lot had fun!

Gaz hit a girl?! Awesome.... is there a story behind it or was it just plain old abuse?!

Topic author
david.hanagan

Post by david.hanagan »

Gaz hit a girl?! Awesome.... is there a story behind it or was it just plain old abuse?!
+1

Topic author
lisac6317

Post by lisac6317 »

david.hanagan wrote:
+1
I would just like to state now that Gaz is NOT a woman basher!! It was entirely her own fault - she ran in front of him when he was using the punch-bag machine - silly bint :roll:
Last edited by lisac6317 on 23/06/09 8:56, edited 1 time in total.

Lezz
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Lezz »

Excellent Weekend - Many thanks to Cher and Lisa (and everyone else that helped in the setup and organisation) for all the effort and work you put in to make it such a success - great fun - great peeps - top weekend all round.

Roll on the next one!!

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Top weekend Lisa - you and Cher made it a great event. Well done to Ade for the "Guess the MR2 parts" game - enjoyed that and i think should be a permanent feature at the shows - we'll all know our cars inside out after a year or two of that!!

As Lezz says - roll on Finale!!!

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Topic author
gurteen0

Post by gurteen0 »

Howlin_Mad wrote:Top weekend Lisa - you and Cher made it a great event.
HM
Just want to say That I was there with my Supra and Popped on to this stand for a Look round as I am a member and obviously wanted to check ye out. spent a while speaking to Lisa and she made me feel very welcome it was unreal . I wish I brought my Mr2 now as the Supra Boys were boring :cry: :cry:
Just wanted to say Thanx and it was a great set up
Well done to all who had their penny's worth in it
Hope to be there next Time :th: :th:

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10

Post by Howlin_Mad »

gurteen0 wrote:Just want to say That I was there with my Supra and Popped on to this stand for a Look round as I am a member and obviously wanted to check ye out. spent a while speaking to Lisa and she made me feel very welcome it was unreal . I wish I brought my Mr2 now as the Supra Boys were boring :cry: :cry:
Just wanted to say Thanx and it was a great set up
Well done to all who had their penny's worth in it
Hope to be there next Time :th: :th:
That's the spirit of the OC matey - we love the cars, the people, the social side, and the "censored" taking but we all get on and welcome anyone :th:

Glad you liked the stand :th:

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Thankyou Lisa and Cher for a great organised weekend.

Everyone who was involved in the organisation hats off to you, you all played your parts fully.

Thankyou for the Toyota cleaning kit looks well smart!

lisac6317 wrote:
david.hanagan wrote:
+1
I would just like to state now that Gaz is NOT a woman basher!! It was entirely her own fault - she ran in front of him when he was using the punch-bag machine - silly bint :roll:

Yeah not on purpose she run right infront of me.... then I knocked her to the ground. :-o: Then she threw gravel at me :no: Sodding loon. :roll:

Topic author
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

evening all,i have allready posted a few words on the mr2only.com photo thread.but want to make sure all concerned,get my thanks.
i have attended a fair ammount of shows and events for the mr2 owner over the last few years,and have to say sunday,put the lot to shame.
susan and myself have never felt so welcome and comfortable at a show before,the atmosphere was amazing.
big thumbs up to all who attended,and massive thanks to all who made it happen,special thanks to lisa,cher and all from the mr2only.com team.
god willing and fuel price dependant :roll: ,i hope to see you all on many more occasions.thanks again.paul.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japshow Archive”